Who is Fukase?

Fukase didn't like looking at the things people created for him. He knew that the more popular you were, the more likely you would get weird stuff created for you. But he had recently gone down a rabbit hole of disgusting people who created disgusting scenarios of him and other Vocaloids. It disturbed him deeply, and yet he couldn't look away.

  He had been fighting a panic attack ever since he had come across all of it, and that question in the back of his mind just wouldn't disappear: Am I a bad person?

  Fukase wanted to say no, he wasn't a bad person. He would never do any of the things those people made him do. But if he was just a blank slate of a character, something for anyone to do anything they wanted with, did that make it all kind of true?

  No, he said. He loved his friends, and he loved his boyfriend, and he would never hurt any of them.

  But then he would recall the way some of the other Vocaloids looked at him. They looked at him like he was the scum of the earth, just another person to tolerate. So, was he really, truly a bad person? Was he a bad person this whole time, and he didn't know? He didn't want to be a bad person.

  Sure he said some things he didn't mean when he was angry, and sure he didn't always think of other people, and sure he went too far with jokes sometimes, and sure he found entertainment in making life harder for some people, and sure he had intrusive thoughts, but that didn't make him a bad person.

  ... Did it?

  Maybe it did. Maybe it all did make him an irredeemable scumbag. He didn't want to be a bad person, he wasn't bad, he wasn't. He couldn't be a bad person. He couldn't.

  No. No. Stop, Fukase, stop. You can fix this, just calm down. If no one wanted to be truthful about whether or not he was a bad person, he would just change himself until people started to like him. It didn't matter what it took, he had to get people to like him again.

  ... Did anyone ever really like him in the first place? Or is he popular because of his voice provider?

  Fukase started with his wardrobe. Maybe if he followed the fashion trends, it would get more people to think of him nicely. Should he copy Miku's looks? He was one of the only two male Vocaloids that wore a skirt, and that made him stand out too much, so maybe he should lean more into Len's look.

  He found that he really disliked shorts. He couldn't put tights underneath them to hide his leg, and it just felt too suffocating. But he needed to do this for people to like him more, so he stuck with it.

  Maybe the bandages made him stand out too much as well, so he couldn't wear short sleeves. What about something like Kaito's coat?

  He needed a new cane. The animal paw at the end was surely too weird. Maybe a sparkly red one, without an animal paw, would be better. He would get rid of it if he could. He didn't recall any other Vocaloid needing a cane to get around.

  He couldn't really copy Miku or Len like this. Their outfits would just make Fukase look uglier. He frowned as he looked at himself in the mirror. He hated this. He hated this so much, but he needed to be a good person, so he started working on his face next.

  He ditched the X on his nose and popped out his left eye and replaced it with a normal glass eye, one that could fool people into thinking it was real and that it was working. But that still left the problem of his deformities. Maybe they think he's bad because he looked scary? Is he unapproachable because of this?

  He couldn't fix it with normal makeup, and he didn't know how to do special effects makeup. The only person he knew that could do that was Sweet Ann. He called Ann from Sachiko's phone, begging her to please come over and fix him, and don't tell anyone else about it. She seemed concerned but didn't press on it. After explaining what he needed her to do, she brought over her supplies and got to work.