Concealed Darkness

"Erika wait up!" I hear someones feet running quickly to catch up to me. "wait" they grab the sleeve to my jacket. I turn around and see my friend Victoria standing behind me. she grins at me. "hey" she breathes.

"hey" I answer back. then I whirl around and start walking back to math class. she walks close behind me. we walk in and we take our seats. our desks have turned into tables. three desks into one. Dylan sits in front of me and Victoria sits to my right. my back is facing the board.

"hey" Dylan says waving. Dylan has been my best friend since god knows how long and I can trust him with almost anything. Victoria is also my best friend. shes a witch and says that I will one day become one. my family has this curse and I must join this witch coven when im at age. I dont know I guess its like a period or something. I dont really believe that stuff anyways.

"hey " I wave back smiling. we talk for a few minutes until the teacher walks in. Ms. G always has this scowl on her face which really shows her personality.

"okay take out your notebooks and start copying down the notes on the board." she says and she walks over to her desk and sits down.

I start writing down the notes and im doing a pretty good job making it look neat (which rarely happens) I start to feel this weird feeling in my stomach. it hurts like hell. my hands fly onto my stomach. its killing me. I hear voices in my head, whispers, that are growing louder by the minute. my head is pounding. I feel like screaming. I feel dizzy and every thing around me gets blurry. my fingers twitch and my body aches. I look at Victoria with wide eyes.

"Victoria" I whisper to her. "what's happening to me?" Victoria bolts up out of her seat and calls to the teacher.

"ms. G, im taking Erika to the nurses office shes not feeling well."

ms.G looked at my face and gasped "Erika your as pale as a ghost!" she explained. "go Victoria, take her and stay with her."

as Victoria helps me out of my seat I start sobbing. I dont know why, but I am. everyones staring at me. its really embarrassing. it makes me want to cry even more. Victoria guides me gently into the hallway. the nurses office is to the right but instead she takes a left. she walks me into the girls bathroom and sits me down onto the floor.

"why am I like this?" I ask

"your just changing Erika, its fine. we will wait here till it passes."

we wait for what seems like hours until finally everything goes away. I look at the mirror to see if my mascara smudged but instead I find that bright purple eyes have replaced my chocolate eyes. I look at Victoria in horror.

"oh ya that lasts only a month. just cover your face with your hair and no one will notice."

I move my wavy chestnut brown hair in front of my face casually. I check myself in the mirror one last time before we walk back to class. everyone stares at me as I pass them. I keep my head down. I walk back to my seat and start writing again. Dylan leans forward

"are you okay?" he whispers. I dont look at him.

"im fine." I say.

"are you sure?" he tries again. I dont notice that a girl in my class is walking behind Dylan before I explode at him.

"im fine okay? just leave it at that!." I yell. I dont notice that my hair has moved off my face and the girl sees my eyes.

"oh my god Erika has purple eyes!" she gasp. god im such an idiot! how could i not notice that my hair wasnt covering my face?! I feel myself boiling up at this point and before I can control myself, everyone is whiped across the room. except for Victoria.

"what just happened?" a boy asks and all eyes fall on me.