1 - The Beginning

Everything has it's own cause, not everything is made by a coincidence. That's what I believed ever since I moved into my late grandmother's house. Ever since my mother had let me move into this house, I never let my eyes go off my surroundings. Oh how I missed that apartment, the memories, the joy, the laughter, almost everything happened at that one apartment, and the innocence. Oh why did my mother even let me move here. The things I'd do to go back.

I wake up to the smell of my mom's signature French toast, I grab my phone on the nightstand to see that it's only 6:34 in the morning. I get up from my bed and do my routinely stretches before going down to eat breakfast. Today's the day I finally move in to my grandmother's old house, I slept early last night since it's an eight hour drive from there.

I go down the stairs and greet my mom a good morning, who does the same. I sit down at the table and scroll through my phone.

My mom, who's still preparing the breakfast says, "You should say goodbye to all your little apps on that phone now, there won't be any internet nor signal in the house"

I pause for a second, "Seriously?" I look up to my mom, still focused on making that breakfast. What dedication. I scoff in utter disbelief. My mom laughs at me, "What did you expect?" she responds.

I lean back on my chair while I contemplate whether or not to move to my grandma's old house, my mom seemed to figure out what I was thinking about as she cut off my thoughts. "Don't do that. You're the one who wanted to move into the house, now eat."

She put the breakfast on the table and sat down to eat with me.

_

"Have you packed your bags yet?" My mom shouts from the kitchen, washing the dishes. I've just finished showering and am drying my hair in the living room. "Yeah!" I shout back, I barely heard her question cause of the blow dryer.

When I finished drying my hair, I go back up to my room that's been emptied out since yesterday. I grab my bags and I say goodbye to the room I've been with for 21 years.

As I close the door to my room for the very last time, I hold back my tears. The room I've had since the day I was forced out of my mother. I caress the door to the room, and then I go downstairs.

I see my mom getting the car ready, I open the door of the house and I lay my bags down. I open my phone to check the time, 7:23 AM.

I put my phone back in the pocket of my jacket and grab my bags again. I walk to the trunk of the car and put my bags there, but not before checking to see if I forgot anything.

I hear one of the doors to the car shut, indicating that my mom's ready to go. I take one good look at the house one last time before going in the car.

_

It was about midnight when we reached my grandmas house, and holy hell, this house looks real old. I placed my bags on the floor and proceeded to look around the house. I opened one of the rooms to find a room full of boxes and dust, "I'm assuming this is my room, it's all dusty in here there's barely furniture." I grumbled.

After looking at the other rooms I tried to look for my mom. After looking for a while I saw her in the living room unpacking our bags. "Mom, this house is too big it's almost unbelievable, I can't believe grandma lived here with you and grandpa." I was undeniably impressed. "It might be big but I'm sure we'll make new memories in this house! And also, I moved out of here when I was three." My mom replied.

I took my bags and went to my new room, "This room looks like a basement, gosh." I mumbled to myself as I took a good look around the room. After I placed my bags into my new room I proceeded to look at the other rooms to try and be familiar with the place, until I heard my mom calling me for a late dinner.