Chapter No 14

This was the third time in a morning Richard Puked, Phoenix was on the edge of his sanity, while Anna was trying her best to make him feel good.

"Phoenix, I think we should take him to the doctor". Said Anna.

"Oh okay now we are not going to pretend that we are babysitters but also that we are his parents," said Phoenix, annoyed.

Anna has rolled her eyes.

"But we have to, he is really sick" just then Richard poops in his diapers.

"Oh no he pooped again," said Anna with worry.

"Now that's going to make me sick," said Phoenix and turned towards Richard's room to bring diapers.

Phoenix entered the baby's room for the very first time. He looked around for the diapers but there was no sign of diapers. He walked towards the baby's drawer. He opened the drawer and found diapers. He quickly turned but stopped on something. He saw someone's photo. His expressions suddenly turned darker. He saw a picture of the guy in the room. His expressions were telling that he knew that guy.

"Jack," he whispered.

"What on the planet are his photos doing here?" he whispered to himself.

"Phoenix? hurry up Richard is crying," Anna was calling him. He quickly moved to the launch where Anna was trying to calm Richard.

"Phoenix, I think he is hungry," she said looking worried.

"I am going to make his cereal, could you change him?" She said afraid.

Phoenix was in his own thoughts he did not refuse much to Anna's surprise. She went to the kitchen. Phoenix cleaned Richard, but there was something strange he saw on Richard's left arm freezing him.

"The mark," he whispered.

Anna came from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal. She tried to feed him but he was crying and refusing to eat.

"Phoenix we have to take him to the doctor," she said worried.

"Lets go," he said while in a kind of trance he got up and went outside.

"What happened to him suddenly," said Anna while hugging and rocking Richard. Anna grabbed her purse and took Richard outside.

The whole way to the doctor was silent. Anna could feel tension in an environment. She thought it's because of Phoenix's mood swings. But phoenix's expression was darker than ever.

"You okay phoenix?" she asked him. But he did not reply. Anna started looking outside the window.

"Which doctor are we going to?" she asked again.

"I know a doctor, He is our family doctor, so it's the only way in the condition like this we should take him to someone we know, because we both are inexperienced," he replied and Anna nodded.

***********

Phoenix entered the hospital and Anna followed him. He stopped by the reception. A receptionist who seems to know her, she looked at him, then Anna and then Richard in her arms.

"Mr. Stever, how are you? Who is this lady? You have been naughty?" she said with a wink.

Anna started blushing, her face turned carrot red.

"Martha, I am not in the mood and situation to have such a conversation. where is Uncle Ackley? "said Phoenix with stone expressions over his face.Woman who was named Martha smiled and said : "He is in his office right now, you are on time he does not have any appointment today".

Phoenix walked towards the left direction, while Anna followed him, Martha gave her a wink, she knew what she meant, she blushed even more. She was thinking Richard was their son.

Phoenix entered a blue door in the middle of the hall. This room was big and luxurious. Every kind of comfort was in this office. There was a man on the rocking chair. He got up quickly after seeing Phoenix. The man walked towards Phoenix and hugged him.

He was equally tall as Phoenix. He looked like in his mid-twenties. He was handsome just like Phoenix. He has blue eyes and tan complexion. Anna felt strange familiarity in this guy like she had seen him somewhere.

"How is my favorite nephew," he said warmly.

"Nephew? He is barely 6 to 7 year older than him". Anna thought but then she noticed Phoenix and him had the same charcoal black hairs.

"What brought you here?" He asked while looking at Anna and Richard in her arms.

"Uncle, I have told you about our project thing on the phone , remember?" he asked and the puzzled Ackley nodded.

"So this baby is our project and now he is sick, his mother is at work, so I don't want to take any risk. I bring him here, you won't ask questions about where his parents are," he explained.

"Bring the kid here," he said.

He checked upon Richard and then he said.

"Just diarrhea, the cereal he is being eaten does not suit him so this body reacted over it. These are medicines he will recover soon," he said.

He gave him some medicine. Richard was now not crying. He started giggling again.

"Look how happy he is now," it was the moment when she giggled like a baby and made Phoenix startled. He had gotten lost into her for a while. Ackley noticed and he smiled.

"Phoenix won't you introduce me with your friend," he asked while smiling and putting pressure on the word 'friend'.

"She is my classmate," he replied firmly.

"Okay uncle Ackley we have to go, it's his mother's returning time, so we don't want her to be worried," he hugged his uncle instantly and then he left the office.

Ana found it a bit shocking.

"He is an ass but trust me he is not that bad," he said to Anna who gave him startled looks. He chuckled.

"You like him don't you?" He added.

"No no he is just my classmate," She replied.

"Hope so till then," he said with a singing tone.

Anna could not understand what he meant by this.

The door opened and Phoenix appeared again.

"Will you come or want to stay here? why don't you join as a nurse here?" Phoenix said, angrily. She walked towards the door slowly. Uncle Ackley smiled widely.

************

Olivia came home early because it was Sophia's shift today. Anna told her about Richard's health and everything.

"Oh God, he was sick? thank you so much guys," She almost cried.

****************

Hy readers, I hope you have liked this chapter.

10 votes

10 comments for the next update.