My Clementine

I've been changing
But the burning stays the same
What can I do to tame the heat of this fire
Forever saving
The remnants of a love
Like ancient stories told from another time
Eternally painted on my mind

Momo is definitely not the same bot he was before his friends left. He became as thoughtful as Zebathizar, time alone gave him that. He studied up on Doc notes and gained a better understanding of technology because of him.

But Clementine still gave him that deep fire he could not snuff out. How could he, when he felt like it was kept in a lantern at his core. He used it to study her passion, the outside. His passion as well, but she was the one that originally stoked it hotter the moment they met. Now he could not get her out of his mind, no matter how hard he tried.

What didn't help was that he still had sketched a picture of her on a fresh canvas, self-made before her flight with the others to the sewers. Here he was, in front of it, staring at it, as if doing so would make his situation feel better. Like as if his fight with her never happened, and she was here having conversations with him.

Color it gray
Until I forget you
Like I never met you,
My dearest Clementine
Throw it away
But close enough to you
Cause although I hate you
I will still fall in love my
Clementine

He put down his coffee can and leaned his elbows on his knees and began to study the sketch on the easel in front of him. Here he was, on his couch, trying to paint again; trying to get some kind of happiness back into him. But the only canvas fit for painting at the moment was this sketch, and he had nothing to trade to get a fresh one. Looking at the grayscale watercolor palate on the stool nearby he picked it up and began to paint.

Painting had been his pastime, as long as he knew Clementine. The problem was that he wanted to forget her, maybe never even have met her if he could. This pain was a bit too much to bear. Having her be his muse in the past did not help his situation either, thoughts of her still being across the room burned in his mind like the complicated hatred and admiration living in his core.

Every time
If you're fading
Honey, i'll be fading too
Darling i don't even know who i am
Without you
Forever waiting
Times never wasted and still
I find myself growing old over you
You came in a dream you touched the depths of my mind
Oh no no no

How could he hate her when he was the one at her side when things became grim? When the mission did not go right, he was there. At first, it was to just be there for her, then hold her hand, then she was there to hold him. When she made the first move it felt so right, to be held by her. He expected butterflies in his system, but all he got was a peaceful contentment. Like he fit right next to her like a puzzle piece.

How long has it been since he last saw her? She has been such a part of his life to the point where they even thought the same. But he should not be thinking about that, he told himself as he finished up painting her dark screen. He wants to forget her. He added a bit of water to his brush and filled her casing.

Color it gray
Until i forget you
Like I never met you,
My dearest Clementine
Throw it away
But close enough to you
Cause although i hate you
I will still fall in love my
Clementine

"Alright, you can turn on your eyes now." He could remember her saying with her sweet bliping voice a long time ago. She had led him to a secluded place he had never been before, a green house nesseled between buildings; lit aglow with grow lights. It was warm inside, and not just because she was there.