39. ur second best

cross my heart, hope to die.
to my lover, i'd never lie.
he said be true, i swear i'll try;
in the end, it's him & i.

kyorin and jay walked together with their housemates behind them

kyorin and jay walked together with their housemates behind them. kyorin had her hand wrapped around jay's forearm as they walked towards the meeting area. chaerin walked beside jake, however, she couldn't focus on anything else. she felt like this was punishment for letting go of the one person who made her feel safe.

"bro, this is gonna end up being a scavenger hunt. i can literally feel it in my bones," yoojin sighed, crossing her arms against her chest.

"that's such a movie thing to say," sunghoon replied which caused yoojin to snap her head towards the taller boy.

yoojin nudged him, "but is it wrong? isn't that the number one team bonding experiences but in reality it's just one way to put everyone against each other for a gift card prize that's probably only $5?"

sunghoon stifled a laugh which caused yoojin's eyes to widen which led the way for her lips to follow, "you laughed at a joke!"

"of course. did you think i don't feel anything?" sunghoon raised an eyebrow.

yoojin smiled widely, "you literally have little to no emotions ever since you and her broke up. don't even lie because it's incredibly obvious,"

sunghoon rolled his eyes, "i'll talk to you about that later. what's your deal with you knowing so much about me? are you my secret admirer or something?"

though sunghoon was only teasing yoojin, she felt the heat rise up to her face and the warmness of it all over her face. she looked forward to avoid showing him the tint in her face, "you're actually crazy if you think i am,"

nari looked at jake and they both exchanged a wiggled eyebrow motion. they knew more than they did and it showed. it was too bad that they're just a little too dense to figure it out.

the group stood behind their classmates, barely giving them a view of their homeroom teacher who stood at the center of the circle. all of their attention shifted from one another to their teacher, waiting for her to announce their activity of the day.

"for the first activity for today, we'll do a scavenger hunt! you'll be with your cabin housemates on this one. you will be provided with a sheet of all of the items you need to find in the cabin vacinity and the resort's bottom floor. you will be given an hour and it will only count if you make it to the location that the items will spell out with the first letter of each item. does that sound clear to everyone?"

all of the students agreed in unison as one of their chaperones passed out their scavenger hunt sheets. kyorin shared hers with jay as the two scanned the items. the items consisted of random object and even random things to take pictures of them doing.

"doesn't sound too bad, right?"jay looked at kyorin and she only hesitantly nodded her head.

their teacher rang the bell to sound the clock. a mixture of students running, jogging and aimlessly walking at the end of the clocks loud ticks passed kyorin's group. she pointed towards the mess hall, "we should start here! i think we could find a couple of these over there,"