Summer Begins

It had been several weeks since Danny and Toxin fought Prior, they'd both healed and Danny had some new scars but he was okay with that. Toxin had felt a bit odd since the fight but considering how hurt he'd been that was understandable. Danny was currently in school watching the clock, he wished time would go faster, it had been a long few weeks.

He hadn't heard much from the heroes and he suspected that it was because Richard didn't want them bothering him. They'd not only pissed him off many times but after getting hurt so badly that he and Toxin almost died Richard definitely thought they deserved a break. Danny had begrudgingly waited until he was healed to go back to finding criminals, Richard had asked him to wait.

As much as he didn't want to Richard was worried, and since he'd almost watched him die he decided to do what he asked. He'd started going out again recently but they were taking it easy, they were fully healed now but Danny wanted to make sure Toxin was okay. But right now Danny was cursing time for not going faster, when the bell finally rang he was the first person out the door.

Danny didn't even have to drop anything off at his locker, Richard quickly caught up to him and smiled, "Excited for summer vacation?"

"You know I hate school because of all of the people and loud noises, so yes."

Richard shook his head, "Hopefully you can stay out of trouble during the break."

"Richard I have been abused, kidnapped, experimented on, and had the worst luck with the adoption system, that is not happening."

Richard sighed, "Can you assure me that it'll be fine, just once?"

"I don't want to lie to you that doesn't lead to healthy relationships."

"Okay Dr. Phil, so what are you planning to do?"

"Same thing I've been doing, fight crime, try not to die, and hang out with Toxin, and you when I get the chance."

Toxin spoke, 'And eat food, and scare criminals into turning themselves in because it is fun.'

"Yes all of that too, you're a little sadistic sometimes."

'Most Symbiotes are, I'm actually one of the nicer ones.'

"That's a scary thought."

Richard looked confused, "What is?"

"Toxin is apparently one of the nicer members of his species."

"Okay yeah that's scary, terrifying actually. But anyway, how are you two doing?"

"We're both completely healed, Toxin just feels a little off, which does not surprise me."

Richard looked a little concerned, "Is that normal?"

"It's never happened before but it could be because of something Prior did."

"That worries me even more, what if he poisoned you or something?"

Danny couldn't hello but laugh a little, "We're immune to poison."

Richard looked surprised, "Wait, really?"

"Toxin's fangs are venomous he has to have that immunity or he could accidentally kill himself."

Richard stared in shock, "Toxin's venomous?"

Danny was about to respond when someone spoke from behind them, "What's venomous?"

Barbara was the one that talked, they looked and Artemis, Isabella, and Lucas were behind her. Danny sighed, "Toxin's fangs are venomous."

Artemis looked surprised, "Seriously?"

Isabella looked a little concerned, "That's kind of dangerous."