The Day Everything Changes

Sevannah stood with her arms crossed as she watched Rex bounce a ball across the walls.

"Maybe you need to lay off the soda pop, chief," Bobo suggested.

Sevannah couldn't help but smirk when the ball knocked off Bobo's fez

"Sheesh. Touchy,"

Sevannah rolled her eyes. "Rex, you need to be patient; Providence will send you..."

But Rex didn't listen as he opened the bay door and jumped off.

"Oh, boy," Bobo muttered.

Sevannah sighed as they watched Rex fly off; she looked down at Bobo. "It's your turn to explain this to Six,"

On cue, Six walked up.

"Who let him out?" Six questioned.

"No one. Rex just ordered the doors to open, and they did," Sevannah admitted.

"Six, I'm getting Funky bioenergy readings from Rex. Keep an eye on him," Doctor Holiday said over the comms.

"It's what I live for, Dr. Holiday,"

Sevannah laughed. "In other words, it's my job,"

They looked down at Rex as he fought the Evo.

"Don't mess around, kid; focus," Six ordered.

"That's not messing around...this is messing around," Rex said over the comlink.

"I have to watch over him?!?" Sevannah questioned.

"Civilians," Six noted as Sevannah noticed a building crumble.

"I can get them...I can get them," Rex muttered, but Sevannah noticed him fall.

"Six Rex's biometrics just bottomed out," Dr. Holiday noted.

"Noted," Six looked towards Sevannah, and she nodded.

"Starting to feel cooped up anyway," Sevannah jumped from the aircraft, and her wings sprouted from her back, and she quickly moved civilians out of the way as Six went to Rex.

"Finish it," Six told Rex.

"His biometrics are back up; what'd you tell him," Dr. Holiday asked.

"The usual cheery pep talk,"

Sevannah scoffed as she walked up next to Six. "You call that cheery,"

But it got the job done, as Rex could disarm the Evo and cure him.

"You're welcome again," Rex said.

Sevannah laughed when the naked man hugged Rex.

They walked back to the aircraft.

"Do we have to go back to base? Let's get a pizza and celebrate," Rex suggested.

"Celebrate? You wrecked six city blocks," Sevannah reminded.

"Ah, come on, it was four at most, alright, maybe five,"

***

"You're failing to control our weapon," White Knight scolded Sevannah.

Sevannah scoffed. "What do you suggest? Have him neutralized, like the others?"

"Five years of living in a global freak show, and that kid's our only way out. Every living thing on this planet is infected by those nanites. And the lucky ones wonder when it will be their turn to pop. As long as Rex can cure Evos, we might win this war. Reign him in, Savannah. I don't need to remind you of where we got you from,"

Sevannah clenched her fists as White Knight ended the transmission.

"Sevannah..." Six started.

"I'm not in the mood, Six," Sevannah snapped. "I'm gonna go blow off some steam,"

***

"Wheels or wings?" Bobo voiced as Rex, and he joined Sevannah inside the petting zoo.

"Wheels," Rex replied as he put on his goggles. "I want to tear something up,"

"Join the club," Sevannah said as she flew up to the boys.

"White Knight chew you out again?" Rex asked.

"When doesn't he," Sevannah scoffed.

"True," Rex said as he transformed into his motorcycle.

"So, what's your problem?" Bobo asked Rex.

"Oh, the usual...all work and no play,"

"That's the point of work," Sevannah pointed out.

"Yeah, well, at least you get a room,"

"A room surrounded by numerous security cameras, with Six right next door," Savannah reminded as she began to dodge when one of the trees started shooting its roots at the duo.

"Think they fed Mel?"

An EVO came out of the water, ready to eat Rex and Bobo until a shield of water protected them.

"Not," Savannah noted.

Rex laughed victoriously as they landed on the other side of the water. He stopped as he saw the door that led outside. "Up for a little road trip?"

"What about Six's spy?" Bobo questioned.

Sevannah rolled her eyes and input Dr. Holiday's code to open the door.

"They gave you a code?" Rex questioned.

"You have nanites to help you hack; I hack the old-fashioned way," Sevannah said. "Now, are we going to sit around and wait for the agents to come down, or are we getting out of here?"