Frangible People

With a first Glance

I am so nervous for tomorrow, I know that this is a bit cliché but this is what I feel right now. After we moved in France my family and I, my life changed, not for the better of course. I was sure that I could acclimate, from the first moment my mother told me that we were moving in Paris, but I realized that it would be so difficult to live here without my friends, my daily walk from my house to school, and all the other things I was used to.

I am sure that writing all my feelings here won't help me, but this diary is my best friend for now, I bought it from my favorite local bookstore before I left from London, and now I take it wherever I go. 

My father's job is hotel manager so my family was used in moving every 3-5 years, but we had stayed in the UK for 7 whole years, I had grown up there, make true friends and the environment was so friendly to me, instead of Paris. To say the truth I used to love Paris, the galleries, the croissants, the buildings and the itinerant artists. But now i can't find no one who can cope with, all the people seem to be so outlandish!

When the airplane landed i felt something like flies flying in my stomach, i just wanted to throw up. A car was waiting for us, it was a luxury black Mercedes and it had a driver, my mother told me that it was sent by the hotel. We had never been used to these comforts. The car stopped in front of a huge hotel which called Plaza Athenee, the driver said to my father that he had to get off the car because his presentation was today, so he gave a kiss to my mother and he headed to the neo-classic door. The driver said that our next destination was our new home.

While we were driving away from the hotel I looked out of the window and I saw a huge triangular building which was a few miles away. It was the Eiffel Tower, I had seen him so much times in movies or photos but never live, it was one of the most magnificent thinks I had ever seen!

 When we arrived at our new home I felt a bit relief, the house was a few miles from the hotel, in the center of the town and the style was like the hotel’s neo-classic. It had a huge white double door made of marble and many classic white windows all over the building. There wasn’t a lot of garden because as I said it was in the center of Paris, but it had many pots with colorful flowers. When my mother and I got in we came through a huge living room, a double wooden stair and many doors. The house had two floors and a third which was the attic. My mother told me to go upstairs and choose a room, there were three rooms and two bathrooms, the first one was a medium sized room with a bathroom and a big room for your clothes and a small balcony from where you could see the town. The second door was a small room with two beds and a TV, it had two white windows from where the sun was filling the room, it was the guest room. The third was a big room with one big bathroom and a small room for your clothes, this room had something exceptional and this was a big window where it had some space to sit there, the view was like a dream this hour, the sun had a pink-orange color which the sky had taken it too, all the Paris’ beauty was easy to seen from this window, my window!

The next days were interesting we were shopping our furniture and drawing our house, we had taken some from our old home but the others were left there, I had choose my colors and now the room was ready to be filled with furniture. My new bed was a double one, with white color made from wood, like my deck and my bedside table, I had put light green pillows at the big window and a big flat TV.

The next days were boring as hell, watching some movies, listening to music and reading lots of books which I bought with this notebook from London.

And now I'm sitting on my desk and listening to music from my iPod, and in a few minutes I have to dress up and go out with my parents at a bistro so au revoir as we say here !

~ Emily