Mexico vs Poland

Doha , Qatar.

It was 5:00 in the morning and it was time to get up. Setting the alarm was the worst choice I had ever made.

Getting ready was probably the worst, taking a shower, and then getting all sweaty again just made me not want to go to the game.

Staring at the ceiling deciding whether or not to get up or sleep in was a hard decision.

Turning off the alarm , I got up and went to the restroom to brush my teeth. After that I turned on the water to the shower and put it cold.

Cold showers in the morning are always the best. Getting in was the best feeling ever. The feeling of being hot and sweaty left and the cold replaced it.

Getting out the shower and heading to the closet to choose what to wear was not that hard as I thought it was. I got my playera Mexicana , some balloon jeans with one of my favorite huaraches. And I had my outfit ready.

Hair was next and I just decided to just style it since I had layered hair and it was easy to style. Makeup wasn't my strong suit so all I did was curl my lashes and put on mascara and lip tint.

*incoming call at 5:57am*
El feo : y/n? Oye ? Me estás escuchando? Y/n?! No tengo mucho tiempo para hablarte.
Y/n: que quieres? Me estoy arreglando.
El feo: ush ni un hello , o cómo estás hermano , o ni comiste? Pues anyways , no más quería decirte que si te vamos a recoger?
Y/n: no ahí te veo en el juego , me voy a comer con unas amigas y luego me veo pal juego.
El feo: ahhh okay , pues no más fue eso te veo pronto fea.
*ends call at 6:07am*

"Pinche tonto" I say to myself laughing. I head out the door at 6:20 am knowing I had to be there at 6:30 and sharp.

I got in a taxi and drove to where the restaurant was. It was kind of hectic knowing I only had 10 minutes left , there was cars everywhere since there was another game going on everyone rushed over to the stadium wanting to get to see their favorite players.

As I laid back I got messages from the group chat.

*Amanda: yoo donde estas?

Alejandra: siii no que usted iba llegar más temprano? Jajaj.

Y/n : pues si pero me ocupe un poquito en viendo mi show obvio 🙄.

Alejandra: Mamita el attitude es ginormous.

Amanda: mejor la dejamos en paz , aquí te vemos y/n.

Y/n: pues ahí las veo. Bye.

*end of group chat*

My two friends were always there for me , I was always the late friend , and they were always there before I was , so we made a bet on who could get there first. And obviously I didn't make it.

Amanda was from Puerto Rico , y , Alejandra was from Colombia. Now none of their teams qualified for the Fifa World Cup but they showed up to support Brazil, Spain , and Portugal, and obviously Mexico.

I was the Mexican in the group and who knew we were gonna get along so well even if we were from different countries.

It was 6:43 am and I was beyond late. I saw in front of me the restaurant and told the taxi driver I could walk from there. So I paid him and got out of the taxi and walked straight to it.