Chapter 1

"How can it be" I Say to my best friend Meriana, we have both been sitting on the couch after a long day, we have been living together for about 3 years now.

"How can what be?" She questions turning down the TV show she had been watching.

"I saw him" I tell her with a shocked look on my face.

"Hazel, you say this every other week, and every other week you freak out another guy on the street, are you sure this time?" She looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Meriana, I'm serious this time, I saw him, his eyes are green like the forest and his dark black hair shined in the sun, this time I didn't talk to him though, I was too nervous" I start to zone out thinking of him.

"It has been over 5 years since that day, it is probably just another black haired and green eyed guy."

I remember that day.... I remember it all... the last day I saw him.

*Flashback to 5 years ago*

I work as a cashier in a retail store,  we sell almost everything, from blankets, to chainsaws, household appliances, and even grills. It was definitely not my dream, definitely not the place I was wanting to be at, my last day was gonna be in two weeks. It's another average day, taking care of the customers that come in, they always were so happy to see me. One guy, caught my eye as he walked up to my register, he wasn't a regular but, I've seen him a time or two.

"How are you today?" I ask scanning his items

*beep* *beep*

"I'm doing great, and you?" He responds, usually people don't ask how I'm doing.

*beep*

"Oh, I'm doing great" I say, I sound a bit more happy than I usually do.

"That is good to hear" he says back to me with a smile that makes me weak at the knees, who could forget that smile. I make sure to keep my composure, I have a husband at home, not a very loving one but, I don't wanna be known as that girl.

*beep*

I scan his last item and get everything in a bag.

"May I get you anything else today?" I ask politely before giving him a total.

"Yes actually I do? Can I get your number?" He asks

"Umm..." I start choking trying to get out words

"I actually don't give out my number, it's too close to one of my family members and i don't want them to be answering" I give a small laugh

"Oh that's fine, it happens, Well how can I see you more?" He asks

"Oh, maybe come in to my work more" I say we a small laugh, he gives me a smile, we both exchange a  have a good day and he heads out the doors, i never got a name, even if me and my husband are still together are I'd like to have a name, I wanna see him again, just to explain my awkwardness and why I was that way. Those next two weeks, I didn't see him again, it's like he disappeared.

Days went on without knowing, I thought of him often

*Flashback end*

"Listen, I swear to you, this is him" I say to her

"You still don't even have his name, you probably won't be seeing him again anyways, so why are you worrying so much" she says a bit annoyed at the subject

"It gave me hope again, it's been five years, I haven't seen him in this long, we live in such a small town, I should of seen him by now" I tell her

"Ya know, it's very possible he lives outside of town and he comes into town sometimes" she says to be with the 'you know I'm right' eyes.

"I haven't thought about it that way, but I really just don't know that I should do now" I look at her worried.

"How about we get your mind off it this, okay, we can watch a movie, eat some popcorn, and listen, I know you think about him often, but, you need to live your life like he is doing with his, if it's meant to be then it will be" she says as she gets up and goes to the kitchen to grab popcorn.

Maybe she is right, maybe I just need to live my life, I mean I don't even know his name and somehow he has me wrapped around his finger more than I could ever imagine. I just want to talk to him again, I want him to know that I'm sorry for what happened and that I just wasn't in the right place. I guess I'm just blindsided.