07

Song of chapter: Human by Civil Twilight

TW: foul language, blood/gore, mentions of sexual assault, violence, human trafficking, and prostitution. These next few chapters will be dark, please read at your own risk!

we're about halfway done with this fanfic! my goal is to have it be ten chapters, but it may end up being 12 or 15, it all depends how much i can include in each chapter.

oh and just an FYI, ikuzo = let's go in Japanese and the picture above is a photo of the Fang daimyō's palace!

enjoy babes xoxo

Uchiha Sarada was enveloped in darkness.

Her wrists and ankles, bound in platinum chains that hindered any possible utilization of chakra were secured rather tightly, metal cuffs pinching and digging uncomfortably at her alabaster epidermis. The mandible muscles of her jawline grew more tensile with every second, due to the thick rag that Shiro had used to gag her, silencing all the profanities the young kunoiche wished to spew at him. Lastly, to prevent any possibility of escape via her visual prowess, Sarada was blindfolded by the assassin's hitai-ate, once worn when he was a shinobi of Iwakagure, the metal portion of the forehead protector providing a darker opacity.

Sarada had zero clue where she was. She, along with other kunoiches and civilian girls who also happened to be blindfolded, cuffed and gagged like an animal, were seated within the tight confines of an enlarged vehicle—a van, she presumed. Sarada had been traveling with Asato Shiro on foot for five days straight until they reached the border of the Land of Earth, where the assassin then knocked her unconscious and she later woke up in her current state. The normal route usually took approximately ten hours, but given that Shiro was a wanted criminal, he sought an alternate pathway that would reduce the likelihood of them being apprehended by Konoha shinobi. Now, Sarada remained shoulder to shoulder between two girls that she'd never met before, the one situated on her left struggling to relinquish her frightened whimpers.

     Throughout the perilous journey from Konoha to Earth country, Sarada reluctantly accepted that she would most likely never see her home, her friends, and father ever again. Even though she had stopped the bleeding to the severe injuries he'd sustained from Shiro's trident, Sarada was unsure if Sasuke was even alive. The mere possibility of him being dead was one she refused to ponder further on, as it would then officially deem her as an orphan as well as the last Uchiha.

The automobile suddenly drifted amongst uneven pavement, resulting in the trunk jostling almost violently. Sarada, along with the other female prisoners, slammed into one another. Some of the women elicited pained gasps from the impact, and Sarada nearly cried out when the right side of her cranium harshly collided into the one beside her. The shackles that everyone donned were connected chain by chain, a preventative measure that would reduce the propensity of one attempting to escape. If one girl fell, the rest would fall with her. Sinking her teeth into the rag, her chest pooled in pure, unadulterated ire as she inwardly cursed the imbecile who operated the godforsaken vehicle.

     Sarada wasn't sure how long she'd be crammed inside the van for, but when they came to a sudden halt, her heart thudded vociferously within her chest and her blood ran cold. It seemed that the others around her endured a similar sentiment as some began to weep, their sobs muffled by the rags ensnared between their lips. Sarada willed herself not to break, to be strong, despite knowing that the worst has yet to come. The young Uchiha wasn't a fool—she knew of all the horrific atrocities that she would likely face, but nonetheless, she would persevere. If not for herself, then for Mama.