The Story of the Past

*I Don't own power rangers but I do own this backstory*

My name is Mia Watanabe. You may know me as the Pink Samurai Ranger. Little do people know me and my mom aren't the only power rangers in my family.

It all started in the '80s when my dad, Kenoi Watanabe, met his first wife, Miko. Her father was the Green Samurai Ranger serving with my grandmother. In honor of the fact she was the oldest but not allowed to be a ranger, he and the rest of the rangers made his oldest an amulet that could morph so she could be a ranger. Back then they didn't like to change the gender of the rangers so the Nighlok couldn't tell the difference between the generations.

Eventually, she wanted to become a ninja. She battled my dad, who was training to be an air ninja. (Secretly he was training to be the red power ranger in the prophecy.)When she did she somehow lost the amulet, never to be seen again. They got married. Soon they had my brother Cameron "Cam" Watanabe and Dad became a teacher at the Wind Ninja Academy. Sadly she died right after he was born.

After three years Dad never fully moved on until he saw my mom fight. He was amazed at how the samurai fought, especially since Mom was singing while fighting. Mom always said that dad fell in love with her voice. At the time he was recently named Sensei and needed more teachers. He offered them all to teach Samurai training. The only person who accepted was my mom. They told each other everything and fell in love, they wanted to get married but weren't sure how Cam would handle it. As soon as Cam saw her he loved her, so they got married. That's why I started to love the pairing of Red and Pink Rangers. If Mom and Dad worked, so did everyone else.

When Cam was five, they had his best friend, me. I was told Cam wanted to do everything with me. Even when I was older he would spend as much as he could with me. When he was eight he got his first computer kit (he was a baby genius) and a baby brother named Terry for Christmas. He didn't like Terry as much. He said, "Why do you need another boy? Aren't I enough?" I would hate to be Mom and Dad in that position.

Childhood was great before Mom got sick. We lived at the base of the mountain so it was close to town but they could get to the Academy. Mom would drive us to school and pick us up after. Cam would try to show me his electronics, even though I didn't understand a word. He wouldn't even yell when I touched his things, he knew I was only trying to help him. Terry and I would have friends over and Cam would hide in his room to work on projects. Terry and I started a band where I would sing and he played the guitar.

Don't get me wrong, Mom and Dad were still typical, Asian parents. There was a lot of pressure on my training and schoolwork. It had to be perfect. My brother, Terry, got the worst of it though. Since Cam was pretty much on the path to being very successful in the computer industry, and I, being the pink power ranger, following years of tradition, my brother was the one getting all the career pressure. You see, he wanted to be a rockstar, singing heavy metal since he knew how to talk, but my parents knew that industry was tough. They wanted him to live a happy, stable, life. They encouraged him to be a lawyer or a doctor. When Mom got sick that's when he decided to be a doctor.

When I was nine, Mom went to the Red Ranger's house to fight the Nighlok for the last time. The battle was tough and she almost didn't make it out. After the Red Ranger performed the sealing power, he died. It affected Mom a lot which didn't help her get better after the battle.

Eventually, she couldn't cook or do any housework leaving me and Cam to do everything. That's why I love Cinderella so much. I felt like her since Dad was busy and Mom hardly left her room. My brothers were her step-sisters. Cam and Terry always wanted to make me happy so they would play Cinderella with me. Cam was usually Prince Charming and Terry was Gus Gus.

We kids started riding our bikes to school even though it was across town. My dad, for being a ninja, wasn't very stealthy because I heard the talks about moving into the academy or having my aunt move in with us.

Mom was so sick she was bedridden so we moved into the academy when I was ten. There was an apartment that fit us all that was designed for the Sensei years ago. Mom died when I was eleven, Cam was sixteen, and Terry was nine.

From the outside, you wouldn't even know something was different. On the inside, however, it was somewhat different. We kids were strong for Dad and he was strong for us. We Watanabes never let our emotions out. We bottle them up and ignore them.

It was then Dad pushed my training. He didn't want me to turn out like my mother. He homeschooled me and enrolled me in the academy. Everyone gave me weird looks.

That's where my story starts.

924

Thank you guys for reading, there's more to come. I'm thinking of starting a miraculous fanfic. Don't worry I'll still update Bohemian Rhapsody and this one too. Please consider following me and this story to become a Berry.

All the love,

Jewel 💜