Prologue

Nieve

I walked through the door as if I'm marching with brows furrowed after I heard my mom said the most annoying line I never expected her to say.

I know I made a huge mistake of not giving so much effort in my studies but sending me to that damn town is just so not acceptable! Ugh!

"Nieve, don't you dare give that attitude of yours! I'm your mother and you will never make me take back what I said about you staying at Agassé!" My mom scolded at me after following me to my room.

Agassè is my father's hometown and I don't want to stay in that fucking town! I am only living in here Rivanov with my mom because obviously, we're broken family. My mom and dad got divorced when I was four and it's a mutual decision. My father, Dimitri, got back to Agassè and now currently living with his wife and my two half-brothers. Meanwhile, my mom, Carmilla is also getting married next year with tito Arthemius which happened to be my ex's father. I'm happy for her though.

"Ma! Kahit dalhin mo pa ako sa tatay ko, nothing will change! My life is here, you, my friends, and my damn studies is here in Riva! Anong pagkakaiba ng Rivanov sa Agassé kung babagsak ako, babagsak pa rin ako!" I frustratedly hissed.

"Anak, bibisitahin ka naman namin doon ng tito Art mo kasama si Arik--"

"Don't ever bring that jerk with you!" I cut her off. It's just so suffocating here. Then now, she'll bring up my asshole ex in the picture?

"Watch your words, Nieve." She glared at me making me sit on my bed while massaging my temple.

"Look, ma," I looked at her with pleading eyes, " I will not be stubborn again, aayusin ko na pag-aaral ko. Besides graduating na ako, last year ko na sa Clairemont, can you postpone it atleast for a year?" I made sure that I sounded so soft to persuade her.

It's true, next year I'll be grade 12 na at mahihirapan lang ako makacope up if she'll transfer me to a different school at graduating pa ako. I am currently in STEM strand at Clairemont Academy and I just failed a major subject just because of a stupid mistake where my grade and my classmate's grade got switched. That's an honest mistake though and my subject teacher admitted it but my mom is not biting my explanations.

"Again, I repeat Nieve, you can't make me take back what I've said." She said leaving me in my room. I immediately locked it before diving in my bed and screamed in frustration.

In the next two months will be my last stay here probably it's the end of our academic year. While overthinking what will happen to me in that town, I fell asleep.

After dinner, bagsak ang balikat akong bumalik sa kwarto. Bukod sa nandito si tito Art kasama si Arik na ex ko, my mom told me something that I wish I didn't heard. Wala rin naman kaming pansinan ni Arik, besided our parents didn't know about our past and I don't have the plans to talk about it with them.

The original plan was I am going to Agassé in my college years but since I "failed" my major subject, napaaga ito. I rolled my eyes as I dialed my bestfriend's number.

"Napatawag ka, anteh? Haven't heard anything from you this whole day!" She chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

"Sis! Hindi ka maniniwala sa sasabihin ko!" I said with so much emotions.

"Oh? Did you and Arik got back together? Did he kiss you? Did he proposed to you? Did you slapped him hard? Patay na ba siya?" I just rolled my eyes in her nonesense statement. But somehow I wish it was true. The last line ha! Why would I wish to be with him again? That was the least that I would want!

"Girl hindi, ano ba! My mom is sending me to Agassé this vacay! And guess what? I'm studying there next acad year til college!" Frustration is the language of my voice.

"Wait..." Avi whispered as she is proccesing what I have said.

"You're not pranking me, right?" Avi asked me.

"How I wish.." I mumbled.

"Well, Snowy we're moving to Agassé next year so I guess magkasama pa rin naman tayo?" She squeals. Oh I forgot about that! I remember crying when she told me about that. They're family just bought a farm there and planning to focus on they're hacienda.

Snowy is my nickname that my friends call me. Avi gave that to me. Nieve is like Nyebe daw kasi and in english, it's snow. I didn't protest since it's a good nickname though.

Avi is kinda rich but she is lowkey. Well, if you see their family, you'll not notice it unless you are close to them. Well my dad too, he owns a ranch na iniwan sa kanya ng lolo ko.

After giving ending the call with my bff. Dad sent me a message informing me about my transferring to their house.

I guess I just need to accept it.