Part 1

In a faraway land, there was a kind girl named Cinderella. She lived in the attic. Cinderella lived with her stepmother and two stepsisters. They were immensely mean to Cinderella, making her work all day. Her stepmother was jealous of her beauty. She was cruel, and cold and envied her. One day, a messenger from the royal palace arrived with a special invitation for young women in the town. The king wanted to find a bride for his son. Cinderella was exhilarated. She thought of wearing a gown that belonged to her mother who had passed away when she was two years old. When Cinderella was trying on the gown, stepmother barged in, seeing Cinderella elated about the ball party, she was infuriated. She locked Cinderella in the attic until the ball party was over. Now Cinderella wanted to weep.

It was four o'clock, "It's time to go, we don't want to be late", said one of the stepsisters. One by one they hopped into the carriage. Cinderella saw everything from the tiny window of the attic. She tried to unlock the door by using a bobby pin, it was a fail. She tried with a cloth hanger, it was a fail. This time she used an old card, and it worked. She decided to go to the palace without getting noticed. As she was heading back to the attic, she heard a squeaking sound near the bookshelf. Upon checking she saw that the rat's tail was stuck under a book. She pushed the book behind and there was a click. The shelf moved sideways and behind, was a secret door. The rat thought it was an earthquake, shaking like a leaf he ran dashing to its hole. Cinderella was as pale as a ghost. The door had a lock, Cinderella knew the key to that lock. She opened the door and went inside. It was dusty as if no one had been here for decades. There was a box in the centre of the room. When cinderella opened the box, there was a stick with a purple gem and a book"ALICE HOFFMEN, MAGIC WAND".  When she opened the book a picture fell on the floor. It was an old photo of the stepmother and her mates; behind it was a name written 'Alice Hoffmen'. Cinderella turn the pages over and over again to understand what the book meant. She was flabbergasted to know that her stepmother was a witch. There were ten minutes left for the ball party to get over, she kept the photo and the wand in her little dusty bag and ran towards the woods.

*****************************