chapter 3.

Macy stared into my eyes, with a lost look. Macy ... my best friend , was about to tell me something that she would regret. I could see the incredible amount of fear in her eyes. "I hooked up with austin,"She finally spoke . I was astonished. She knows how long I have been waiting for him. My thoughts voided. I was speechless. I stood up in silence, and continued my way to school. "I was just a one night stand, Haley! I promise! it didn't mean anything! " She said. I continued in silence to my first class. She trailed behind me, and I could see the tears well in her eyes. "Haley, we promised.. nothing could break us... apart! especially about guys!" she hiccuped every word crying. It hurt me so much to see her cry, but she had to learn her lesson.

••••••

I decided not to sit and talk to Macy about it at lunch. We could use a day apart. "Hey Andrea!" I scream at my other bestfriend, Andrea , while entering the lunch line. "OMG , hey Haley! I haven't seen you in forever!" Andrea shrieks. "I know, since Friday! that is longer then forever!" i add. She has a disgusted look while staring at her tray. "Ugh, fake cheese and meat sounds great, right?" andrea says. "Oh, defin-" I say while Austin interrupts. "Hey baby! " Austin stares down at me , smiling. Andrea slowly trails away, and winks. Greattttt, I thought. Just who I want to see. " Hey..." I say to Austin awkwardly. "How does a date sound? tonight at 7? " He asks me. "Sure " I say. "I have to go, but ill see you later , love" Austin bends down, and kisses me . I cant say no. Were dating. But I definetly need to talk to him about his little "party" with Macy.

***

I am kind of nervous about tonight, because I have never gone on a date with almost anyone, except a couple people, and they didn't turn out right. I walk in the door, fearing my consequences. Last night I said some things to my father and we haven't talked since then. He forcefully hits me, and threatens me almost every day, but I come to school with a smile and everything just disappears. I'm popular. I'm pretty. I have a perfect life, to everyone else. I guess school is my only getaway. I crept up to my room, scared to make the smallest of a sound. I don't want him knowing I'm home, better yet sneaking out tonight. Thankfully, hes probably passed out , hungover. Since he hasnt heard me , I go ahead and start my routine, who knows how long it will take me , and what if he DOES catch me. I have 2 to 3 hours, so I turn some music on to pass time. My phone rings. I ignore it, I don't have time to listen to macy kiss up. My evening routine is easy, but sooooo long. I start off with my hair. I precisely curl my hair, making sure every strand is fulfilled. It ends io being long and lush, cascading downwards my back. I have no idea what to wear, so I just wing it. I slide a black crop top over my head, neutral short shorts, and cute sandals. I expect us to go to the beach, so I don't do much for my makeup. I look in the mirror, satisfied with my works. I only have about 1 hour till he comes, so I decide to catch up on homework. I'm almost failing 2 classes, so I really need to bring my grade up.

***

An hour later there is a knock at our door. I am relieved when I open it to see its not my dad, but Austin with flowers and a box of chocolates. God, he looks perfect. Hes wearing cowboy boots, an American eagle shirt, and denim jeans. Normal, which I like. He leans down to kiss me, an

d holds his hand out for me to hold. "ready, baby?" he asks me. "yes" I say while smiling like an idiot.