Chapter 1 Future World

<!--go--> In 2155, for more than a hundred years after the Great War, the earth was devastated. People rebuilt their homes on the ruins. The big cities in the past disappeared one after another, replaced by cities within cities that were rebuilt from the ruins, and the resources on which human beings depended for survival became very scarce, such as fuel, energy, water, food, clothes and other materials. An existence beyond the reach of ordinary humans.

The entire world was re-planned and divided into four major regions: Huaxia, Sumer, Nile, and Aryan. As the living environment became worse and worse, human beings jointly signed an armistice treaty and established a United Earth Government.

Under the application of a large number of artificial intelligence, the only light industry, farming and other jobs have been replaced by artificial intelligence, and people have been laid off and unemployed. In order to solve the social contradictions caused by population expansion and material shortage, the global coalition government Approved, the metaverse game "Tianxia" launched by "Chinese Meta" under the Chinese Online Group in Huaxia District will be launched soon. People from all over the world will be able to participate in this game. This game reconstructs the second world in order to change the ever-increasing survival rules of human beings.

...

In 2155, August 21st, one month before "Tianxia" was officially launched.

Huaxia District, along the southeast coast, Sioux City, a civilian area in District S.

The wall on the shady side of a staircase is covered with moss, and there is an attic on top of the four-story building that has long been in disrepair, which is out of place with the surrounding buildings. At this time, the morning sun falls from the window of the attic On the face of a young man, he felt the warmth in the dream, rubbed his eyes, and slowly woke up.

The young man's name is Lin Zhao, both of his parents died. He is a young man who has lived in a poor area since he was a child.

"call......"

Lin Zhao didn't have the habit of sleeping late, so he jumped up suddenly from the hard bed and got up with a carp move. He glanced at the log robot display screen beside him, and he couldn't help frowning. Today is another day to test the performance of the locomotive, and he will inevitably be covered with bruises. Come back, but there is no way, this is his job, a magnetic levitation motorcycle performance tester, it is not bad to get a meager salary to support himself.

...

In the early morning, Lin Zhao came to the street on a maglev motorcycle. When he looked back, he saw a little girl holding a dilapidated bear doll in her arms. She looked about five or six years old and looked pink. Tender, as cute as a doll, she sat on the steps of the stairs, looking at Lin Zhao from a distance.

"Hi, Little Juzi~~~" Lin Zhao waved the helmet in his hand.

The girl got up, smiled and waved: "Brother Lin Zhao!"

"Why are you waiting outside the door?" Lin Zhao asked.

"That..."

Xiaojuzi showed a look of fear on his face, pointed to the anti-theft door beside him, and said, "There is an uncle here, so... Mom won't let me stay at home..."

"Oh, so... ..."

Lin Zhao frowned, and then heard the man's heavy breathing and the sound of hitting the wooden furniture from Xiaojuzi's house. Within a few seconds, a man with a knife scar on his face came out. While going out, he was pulling the zipper of his trousers, cursing, and behind him was a numb woman, about 30 years old, with a bit of beauty, but the expression on her face was full of numbness, only when she looked at Xiao Juzi Only a little warmth was revealed.

"Bah!" The

man spat while looking back, threw a piece of bread the size of a fist, and then cursedly took out a ten-yuan coin from his jeans pocket and threw it at the woman. He said angrily, "Take the money and go to the opposite street." Go take a shower, you fucking stink, shit, I'm unlucky today!"

"Thank you...brother..."

The woman clutched the ten-yuan coin tightly, without any expression on her face.

The man passed by Lin Zhao, looked at Lin Zhao's worn-out jacket, and sneered, "Get out, good dogs don't get in the way!"

Lin Zhao looked cold, suppressing the anger in his heart, and said coldly, "You scold me! Who is the dog?"

"Lin Zhao!"

Not far away, the woman shook her head, signaling him not to cause trouble.

When the man saw Lin Zhao's cold eyes, his arrogance immediately dropped, he turned around and left without saying anything, and only started cursing again at the entrance of the alley.

...

Lin Zhao glanced at the woman again. A piece of bread and ten yuan in common currency are enough for her to let go of her dignity to serve such a dirty man. This is the life of a helpless woman in a slum. work, and the subsidies issued by the government are far from enough to maintain the lives of mother and daughter.

"Let's go."

Lin Zhao rode on the motorcycle and drove away at a fast speed. He couldn't control it, and he couldn't control it. This is the way this world is, not to mention that he even lives in poverty.

On the street, the huge public screen has been playing the advertisement of "Tianxia", a so-called "Metaverse" game. This game is called the "Second World" of human beings. Large groups and chaebols will inject capital into the fusion, and the gold coin system of the game will be deeply tied to major banks around the world. In other words, the gold coins in the game can be directly exchanged for real money. The advertisement of "The World" puts it very bluntly , in this game, as long as you are strong enough, you can get everything, money, supplies, weapons, status, everything!

Lin Zhao looked up for a while, feeling a little hopeful in his heart.

...

Suddenly, someone in front of them was making noise at the water intake beside the water tower.

In a place like Sioux City, common people have limited water consumption. The government issues water cards to each household. The daily cost of each water card is actually only one bucket of water. This small bucket of water needs to include drinking water. Water, washing water, cleaning water, etc., to put it bluntly, are scarce, and if you want to be more generous, you can only spend extra money to buy water from the water supply group.

Lin Zhao stepped on the gas pedal, and saw Xiaojuzi standing in front of the water intake, crying, a bucket was kicked over, and the running water flowed all over the floor, while her mother stood there with a blank expression, watching Seeing the water spilled all over the ground, she was dumbfounded.

"Bah!"

A young man wearing a nose ring sat on a motorcycle and sneered, "You're a bitch, I allow you to pick up the water?"

Little Orange's mother looked numb, tears streaming down : "I... I'm stuck with water..."

"So what about the water card?" The

young man kicked the bucket again after getting out of the car, kicking the bucket out of shape, and said with a smile, "I don't understand people's language." I ask you, did I allow you to fetch water?"

Xiaojuzi held her mother's hand, wanting to comfort her but didn't know how to comfort her.

...

Lin Zhao knew this person, a local unemployed youth who later dyed his hair yellow, and followed a group of gangsters in District S, and transformed himself into a ghost and a speeding gangster in people's eyes, known as Huangmao. Some of the young people riding locomotives even came from wealthy areas. As for the purpose of coming here, it was nothing more than bullying others for fun.

"This little girl is pretty good."

Huang Mao glanced at Little Orange, and the corners of his mouth were full of sarcasm: "When she grows up, she will probably be a beauty embryo, tsk tsk, what's the matter, cultivate her since childhood, and sell her with you when she grows up? "

Shut up..."

Xiaojuzi's mother was already crying, as if defending her last dignity, she whimpered and pushed the yellow-haired man, "You can't...you can't in front of her... ...cannot......"

"Go away!"

Huang Mao kicked her away, turned around and picked up a wooden stick from the ground, raised it lightly, and said with a sneer, "Since you know that you are a cockroach, why bother coming out during the day to disgust people?"

Lin

Zhao Seeing it made him feel chills, he had been bullied a lot since he was a child, if he intervened now, he would definitely suffer because there were so many people on the other side, but if he didn't intervene, Lin Zhao couldn't bear it in his heart, I'm afraid he would look down on him for the rest of his life.

So, at the moment when the yellow-haired wooden stick was about to hit, a strong hand grabbed his wrist.

Lin Zhao held the wooden stick tightly, and said coldly, "You're the cockroach, right?"

"Who the hell are you?!"

Huang Mao twisted his arm suddenly, and made a gesture to hit Lin Zhao with the stick.

Lin Zhao was the first to attack, and kicked the yellow hair flying, hitting the wall hard, causing the ground to shudder in pain.

"Fuck!"

A gangster wearing a nose ring slammed an iron rod on Lin Zhao's back, causing him to stagger a few steps forward. Just as he turned his head, he was hit on the forehead again, and suddenly his world was spinning. Passed out, nosebleeds.

A group of gangsters panicked, turned around and scattered, and the street was in chaos.

...

Late at night, in a top treatment base in the wealthy area of ​​Sioux City.

Lin Zhao was lying quietly on the hospital bed, still in a coma, with multiple wounds all over her body, and beside her stood a woman in the uniform of a senior military general with two gold stars on her neckline, about twenty-seven or eight She has a very beautiful face, a pair of slender jade legs stepping on leather boots, and has an indescribable temperament. At this moment, her beautiful eyes are staring at Lin Zhao on the hospital bed. This is none other than Lin Zhao's cousin. , Murong Feiyue who has been "missing" for many years.

She gritted her silver teeth and asked, "How is the specific situation?"

"Still in a severe coma."

On the side, a doctor in a white coat held the report and said, "It's okay to talk about skin trauma and fractures, but when the accident happened, his brain suffered a very severe impact, and the trauma was too deep. There is a possibility of becoming a vegetable."

"How could this be..."

Murong Feiyue clenched her fists, gritted her teeth and said, "I have only been away for a few years, why did such a big accident happen to my Xiaozhao...Doctor, do you know?" Is there a way to wake him up? I am willing to use all means. If necessary, all the top medical materials in the Eastern Theater can cooperate. The only thing I want is that my Xiao Zhao can survive."

"This..." the

doctor said : "We need to wait until the experts in each district have read the report and have a meeting to discuss before we can come to a result."

"Understood, the meeting will be held immediately."

"Yes!"

...

An hour later, it was still the top VIP ward with three names. Fei Jian reported together with the doctors, one of the elderly doctors said: "The trauma to the brain is too deep, and he must be stimulated if he wants to recover, but the stimulation by conventional methods is very likely to traumatize the brain again, causing him to completely lose his memory, so After our meeting, I felt that there is a way to try."

Murong Feiyue turned around, with surprise on her beautiful face: "What way?"

""The World"." The

doctor said in a deep voice: "Master Feiyue You also know that Tianxia is a game that allows players to enter the game by stimulating brain waves and simulating real scenes, so if Lin Zhao can be allowed to enter the game, perhaps the plot in the game will promote his brain to heal itself. There is even a great possibility that he will wake up after a certain period of time."

"Understood, thank you, the next thing is left to me."

"Yes!"

...

After a group of doctors withdrew, Murong Feiyue came to the window sill alone, looked at the bright moon outside the window, and remained silent. Not long after, the door of the VIP ward opened again, and a young woman in military uniform walked in, with a capable demeanor. , came behind Murong Feiyue and gave a Huaxia District military salute, and said: "It has been found out that Lin Zhao was injured by a few local gangsters, and they have all been caught."

"Understood."

Murong Feiyue He breathed a sigh of relief: "You know how to deal with it."

"Yes!"

Ning Yu nodded and frowned, "General...are you really not going to that meeting? If you go...with your current strength and With military achievements, it is very likely that he will be promoted to the youngest general in the war zone..."

"No."

Murong Feiyue looked at Lin Zhao, her eyes became extremely soft, and said: "Xiao Zhao is still in a dangerous period, I want to accompany you He... By the way, after solving the captain, help me contact the person in charge of the "World" military side, the game is not open yet, I want to get Xiao Zhao a qualification for the internal test."

"Yes!"

Ning Yu said again Looking at her, she said, "Is all of this... really worth it?

"

The moment the Star Zer obtained eternal life, I felt that everything was worth it, Xiao Zhao has been sleeping for more than a hundred years, and now he has grown into a big boy, heh... I can't let him have any more surprises."

"Yes, General!"

...

After a few days, everything was settled.

Lin Zhao, who has been reduced to a "vegetative person", is already in a special game cabin. His body is covered with nutrient solution, which can maintain his life characteristics, and on his forehead, the exquisite game helmet flickers When the green light for work came, Lin Zhao's body twitched uncontrollably, as if he was facing a lot.

"Ugh—"

After a ray of white light, Lin Zhao's body fell sharply. His consciousness was still very vague, but when he fell to the extreme, he woke up suddenly. When I opened my eyes, I found that I was lying on a simple wooden bed, with a leaky roof in front of my eyes, and my whole body was trembling. Immediately afterwards, a flood of memories rushed into my mind.

He suddenly sat up and looked at his arms and legs, which were thin but powerful. He quickly rushed to the washbasin, reflecting a young self, at most fourteen or fifteen years old, who looked a bit like himself Looks like a teenager!

"Am I... time-traveled?"

His head was throbbing again, and all his previous memories were gone. He only remembered that his name seemed to be Lin Zhao, and he lived in an inexplicable world. But at this moment, he became This young man is also called Lin Zhao, and he is a young man who can't eat enough every day and is so poor that he is almost underpants!

Lin Zhao sat down on the muddy floor by the door. He needed to sort out his thoughts and memories. He was a little upset. Why did others become emperors and princes through time travel, but I was so poor after time travel?

He stood up and said to himself: "No, I have to stand up!" <!--over-->