Introduction

In this book I will be giving a brief lecture on the general relativity and try to modify it so that we may find and ultimate theory for the universe.

The Big Bang is what we call the beginning of time. But I don't understand the need for the beginning of time. If you give me the reason that the universe has been expanding and before it started expanding it was a compressed singularity, I would say that if singularity was what started time, then every singularity in the current universe would become a new universe if it were to be compressed at extreme heat.

So we can choose out of two things: The universe didn't have a beginning OR there are no singularities. Even though i don't approve of both, the universe expanding and singularities in space time, let's just think about what would really happen in this scenario.

In the expanding universe the time would start at the big bang singularity(an infinitely dense and hot particle like black holes). Now as it starts expanding from the infinitely hot temperature, the temperature would start to drop down.

As long as the temperature is hot, the universe would continue to expand but as soon as it reaches a certain critically lower temperature, the universe will then start to contract and become a singularity which would lead to another big bang. This is the generally accepted model of universe known as the 'hot big bang' model.

So if you ask me what was before the big bang, logically it would have been a singularity or basically a pre-universe that had ended to give rise to the universe we are currently in. But what happened before a big bang or after a big crunch cannot affect the time we are living in as all laws of physics break down at singularity. So try to understand the universe before big bang is not very useful.