Chapter 98: Retribution And Justice!

-IN AN UNKNOWN LOCATION-

"We have a problem."  A man in the dark room said to the others.

"What the hell is going on!?"  A man in the dark yelled as he pulled up a video of Evelyn and her golems fighting the Nomus.  "There's another vigilante out there now!?"

"A woman...  Yet another one that came out of seemingly nowhere."  Another man added as he proceeded to pull up a video showcasing Evelyn casting her spells and using her mana attacks.  "And like the first one, she appears to wield strange and powerful quirk, multiple ones.  It seems quite versatile for almost any situation."

"Duplication, generating sentient golems, flight, some kind of hard light manipulation quirk, teleportation, as well as apparent magnetism."

"And don't forget this." Another man asked as he pulled up a video of Evelyn curing the Nomus as they turn into bright stardust. "What do you suppose this quirk of hers does?"

"Perhaps some kind of vaporization quirk?"

"But she didn't even touch them!"

"Can it trigger via non-physical contact!?"

"Can something like that even exist!?"

"Considering today's society and how many different quirks someone can have, due to quirks mixing through the generations and forming new abilities; I definitely wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility."

"If that's really true, then that means she's just as dangerous as the first vigilante!"

"Just what we needed, another rogue with insane power!"

"This is ridiculous!  One vigilante was bad enough, now we have another one running around!  At this rate, we'll never get this situation under control!"

"We should've just put out the bounty when we had the chance!  But no, the "paper trail" risk!"

"Will you shut up about that!?  As if that'll solve anything!"

"Considering the feats that these two have shown to be capable of, I highly doubt that any mercenary out there even willing to take the job would be adequate enough to handle this."

"Oh?  Do you have a better plan!?"

"All of you just calm down."  Hawks said to the men, making them turn their attention towards him.

"Hawks, since you're here; uninvited once again; care to explain just what the hell you're doing out there!?"

Hawks; who was leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket; lifts his head up and flies over towards the center of the table.

"What I'm doing?  What we agreed."  Hawks replied.

"You said that you had a plan to use that Vigilante for our purposes, yet out of all the information you shared with us; none of the reports said anything about this woman!"