- Chapter four.

Letitia's POV.
8 months and 29 days before.

  Spraying on my Marc Jacobs perfume I took a look in the mirror and sighed. "You okay? I haven't got my morning kiss yet." My wife's sleepy voice echoed through the room as a small smile formed on my face. Walking over to her, I laid a small kiss on her lips unable to open my eyes after. Every touch is like pure paradise to me and it'll never get old. We never realize how frozen we are until someone starts to melt our ice and boy did she melt mine. Her hand came up to my face and rubbed it softly as my eyes fluttered open. "Goodmorning, my love." I said looking into those beautiful eyes of hers as a blush started to form on her face. "You keep your head up today, alright? You got this." She reminded me as I nodded and gave her one last kiss before leaving.

   I walked into my lab grabbing my white lab coat unprepared for the day. Todays the day I'm going to visit my brother and that has my emotions all over the place. Cinnamon insisted on going with me but honestly I need to see him by myself. Just as I sat down I felt a presence behind me. Something inside of me knew who it was but I hoped it wasn't her.

"Hey." The feminine voice said making me freeze up. I turned around to be face to face with Dominique. Damn I haven't seen her since the situation happened and honestly I'm glad I didn't. I gave a small nod then turned back around to start my work. "How've you been? Congrats on your marriage by the way." I shut my eyes and tried to ignore her but of course she didn't get the hint. "Look I know what I did was wr-" I cut her off by putting up my hand and turning back around.

Her gaze made my head spin but I couldn't focus on it. "Dominique, we were both wrong. Let's just not talk about it and go our separate ways." She blinked a couple of times and nodded slowly. The girl turned around as a feeling rose in my stomach. I couldn't tell you what the feeling was but it signaled something that would hurt the people around me. It made me second guess everything... I sighed lowly as confusion washed over me.

    Soon, my coworkers started to come in making me forget about everything that happened this morning. "Ayy, wassup lad!" I dapped up my friend Winston and smiled. "My good sis. Im getting sick of you being the first one here." He joked making me giggle. My phone began to ring as I looked at the contact I.D: my love. Winston held his hands up and went down to his station while I picked up the phone.

       "Hey babygirl." I said hearing her shuffle around as I put her on speaker. Gosh who would've thought that I get so lucky? I couldn't help but brag. "Hi baby. So I couldn't find the ointment for the rash on your ass-"  I quickly took her off of speaker as I heard the man's laugh from across the room. I should've known better than to do something like that because the girl is bound to say anything.

        —

When I got off of work I went straight to the place I love but dread most. Once I made it to my brothers grave site, I put down the flowers and took a seat on the grass as the warm air bathed my skin. "I miss you so much usana. It feels like I've missed you forever now ..but the reality is- this is just the beginning of a lifetime of missing you." I started. That heavy and hot feeling kicked inside of my throat.

"I know you're um kinda mad for me not coming to see you in so long but so much has happened. I met the love of my life and my gosh you would love her because lord knows I do." I felt my tears start to form.

"Now we're having a baby And brother I am so fucking scared. I'm scared to hurt her and the baby due to the first time I fuck-" I couldn't even continue due to my sobbing. I wasn't crying because I'm depressed or sad, I'm crying because I'm anxious. Anxious for what's to come and whatever the hell the future possesses.

I wiped away my tears and stood up. For the second time today, i heard footsteps come behind me. "Well I'll be damned." The voice said with a chuckle. My eyes widened because it's a forbidden voice that I haven't heard in so long. All I felt was pure rage. Standing up, I dusted myself off to be face to face with the devil herself. Lupita.

"I thought they locked your ass up and threw away the key." My tongue swept past my bottom lip as I glared, a small smirk forming on my face to control myself. I don't know what it is about audacity but her and Michael have a lot of it.

"And I thought Michael would have killed you and that bitch you married." She shrugged giving me a smile. "But I guess we all can't get what we want right?" I smacked my lips as the tension rose higher. "Why the hell are you here? Michael was cremated and I know you're not here to see my brother." I took a step towards her as she mugged me.

"Well I did love your brother..rest his soul. And when you lose someone you love, it drives you absolutely mad. But you'll understand that soon." She smirked. Her bitterness is like cancer eating up on whoever possesses it. And truth be told, that is what made me the angriest. All I saw was red by walking up to her and wrapping both of my hands around her neck. "If you touch my wife.. I'll fucking kill you myself." I spat pushing her as her small figure hit the ground. "Trust me I don't have to touch your little wife. That baby is gonna send her ass under." Was the last thing I heard her say as I walked away.

   I haven't felt this feeling in so long. It reminds me of the time I saw Michael when I was here last and that made me want to fall off the face of the earth. It's not a secret that I go from 0 to disappearing real quick. I turned off my phone and got in my car driving off not caring about where it took me.

(Short chapter, my apologies.)