🌒

︎♡ ~ ♡ ~ ♡

-𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫-

There's a little less than a week remaining until Fuyumi's ball. Shoto had been stressing nonstop about it—starting as soon as he recovered from his cold.

"Katsuki! Is my outfit clean?" He called out, asking the same question he's asked at least 5 times a day, everyday.

"YES IT IS. UNLESS YOUR DUMBASS PUT IT ON AND ROLLED AROUND IN THE MUD WITH IT, IT'S GONNA BE CLEAN YOU MORON!" The blond screeched. The only thing left to do was iron it exactly 36 hours before the ball. That way it was free of wrinkles but had time to sit and not look so stiff.

The trip from Shoto's palace to Fuyumi's castle was around 4 hours long. Clearly the prince didn't intend on being a frequent visitor. He wanted to stay as far away from his family as he could. Only visiting on occasions such as this one.

But let's not stray from what I'm sure you guys are wondering. What happened to Momo? Well after she left the palace, it didn't take long for everyone and their mothers to be aware of the Prince breaking off the engagement. Rumors of all kind have been floating around, he impregnated her and doesn't want to be held responsible, he's cheating on her, she's cheating on him, they had a bad argument and it turned physical, or...the one that for some reason keeps popping up...the prince is in love with his butler.

This one was started by someone no one would expect to have conjured up such a controversial theory. Natsuo Todoroki. The second oldest son of the Todoroki family.

His exact words were,

"According to Yaoyorozu, Shoto seemed more concerned about Bakugo than about the argument. Maybe he has a thing for him?"

He was speaking to Fuyumi that day, but of course, a maid happened to overhear and she told another maid, who told a butler, who told the chef, who told the mailman, who told his coworkers, who told...well you get the idea.

This brings us to the real reason as to why I mentioned how long the journey from Shoto to Fuyumi is. The rumor became so wide-spread, it reached him in less than 2 days. In the newspaper no less!

𝑹𝑶𝒀𝑨𝑳 𝑺𝑪𝑨𝑵𝑫𝑨𝑳: 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑜 𝑇𝑜𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑖 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘𝑠 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑀𝑜𝑚𝑜 𝑌𝑎𝑜𝑦𝑜𝑟𝑜𝑧𝑢...𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑖𝑠 𝐵𝑈𝑇𝐿𝐸𝑅!

Katsuki, being the one who retrieved the paper, let out a sound that could easily be mistaken for a chicken choking on a cracker as he read the headline.

He decided against showing his friend, unsure of the potential reactions he could have. If he finds it humorous it's fine, but if he's disgusted at the accusation...let's just say it wouldn't be fun to be Bakugo in that situation.

Todoroki, being the observer that he is, questioned why he wasn't presented with the weekly newspaper.

"Katsuki?" He asked once his butler brought him his morning coffee.

"Yeah?"

"Where's the paper?" The boy scanned the table for it, but turned up blank.

"Haven't delivered it yet." Eyes darting away, the red-eyed male knew for a fact that he couldn't lie to the prince. Not while maintaining eye contact.