𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐩 | 𝟎𝟗

<3

it was weird how suddenly the roles were switched. now that osamu showed no intentions of talking to you, you found yourself spending more and more time with atsumu.

the two were twins, yet they were so different. there were no quiet moments with you and atsumu.

of course, you loved how you and osamu could sit in a comfortable silence, but sometimes you felt like you bothered him, you never had any doubts like that with the blonde.

it seemed like he would seek you out to do things. though it could've been that he was only doing it for your sake.

since osamu was still hesitant on talking with you, atsumu suggested his room rather than the living room. he insisted it would make things easier, but you weren't too sure about that.

"i feel weird here.." you told him to which he chuckled silently.

"why? it's my room. you've been in here before, haven't you?" you nodded. "and i'm just tutoring you."

you shrugged, "i feel like i'm betraying him."

the two of you were sitting at his computer desk. it was a rather small space, so the two of you were knee to knee.

atsumu widened his eyes at you. the look he gave was the equivalent of a scoff.

"you two need to communicate."

your eyes fell to your legs. you had tried to, but he just wasn't having it.

"i want to, but he won't hear me out."

"shitty ass 'best friend' if you ask me."

"well, i didn't ask," you quickly defended, your cold gaze landing on his face, "he's not a 'shitty friend.'"

maybe this is the way you should've reacted when atsumu made that joke a few days ago.

atsumu laughed, "isn't it crazy how much we hang out with each other now?"

you were a bit annoyed with how he changed the topic, ignoring your claims, but you nodded.

"i mean i guess we kinda hang out here. i do come over a lot."

"no, but i meant hang out hang out. like we're actually spending time with each other, and not  just because i happen to be there."

you thought about it for a minute and realized he was right. it was funny how you had been such close friends with osamu for most of your life but you rarely made any attempts to be friends with his brother.

you had been friends with him at some point in your life when you guys were younger, but once you reached middle school you started seeing him less. every time you were around he would be off doing his own thing.

"it's a shame, right?" atsumu continued, "right now you're wishing we were better friends. you're realizing i'm a hoot."

"anyone who says 'hoot' is the opposite of that." atsumu looked offended by your comment, but you smiled, "you just sort of disappeared one day. i wouldn't see you around as much."

atsumu thought about that for a minute, "yeah. i guess i did. i'm making up for it now though, aren't i?"

you scoffed, "it's not like i was deprived of anything, so you don't really need to make anything up."

"whatever," he mumbled.

you raised a brow at him, but he had already put the conversation to rest. "that's wrong by the way."

you looked down at your paper, but you didn't catch any mistakes.

atsumu could see you were confused on exactly what you did wrong, so he pointed toward your paper, "you missed a step."

you slapped his finger away, "you were distracting me."

<3