The Underground I

"Hold on," you paused, looking at your friend with a raised eyebrow. "So, you're telling me that you have a new boyfriend who's a 'gangster' and a street racer?"

Hannah laughed as she set her phone down on the counter, getting up to prevent her noodles from burning.

"Uh-huh."

"And you want me to stay with you guys for a few weeks to watch a race?" You questioned, trying to convince yourself that it was either a joke or a dream.

"Yeah, something like that." Akiara laughed.

"Hannah," you sighed, "you're starting to sound like a psychopath or something. How can you be with someone like that?"

"I told you: because the guy's a good person deep down. I think he just got sucked into the wrong crowd, is all."

You looked at her with a mixture of both a confused and worried look on your face. "Do you realize what you're giving up for a guy like that?"

"Which is?"

"Everything."

"So you're not coming to see me?" She asked, her tone dropping.

You sighed. "Of course, I am, Hannah. You're my best friend, after all. I just wish I didn't have to worry about you so much."

"You're the best, (Y/N)!" She squealed excitedly. "I'll see you tomorrow night, then!"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow!"

You hung up the phone, sighing as you got up and walked over to your bed, collapsing on it and staring at the ceiling in frustration. You loved Hannah to death, but sometimes her choices concerned you.

You met Hannah at her apartment the next day before the two of you went to go to her boyfriend's car meet. He introduced himself as Tooru Oikawa, but according to Hannah, everybody on the streets call him Cypher. You already knew this, but that wasn't the problem.

Your biggest concern was what kind of life she'd have with him. He was a known criminal, after all. How could she not see that?

As much as you tried to convince her otherwise, she always seemed to think the best of everyone. She wouldn't listen to you; she would do what she wanted.

Cypher wasn't a bad guy or anything, he showed her respect and made sure she was treated like a princess. You just worried for your friend's safety.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when the car came to a stop. Hannah was already out and moving the second the car stopped, and you quickly got out and followed her down the busy underground streets. The underground was lit up with neon lights coming from the city and the headlights of all the cars in the area. Music was blasting throughout the tunnel-like streets, and the air smelt of exhaust and weed.

You followed your excited friend as she rushed through the crowd and ran to see her boyfriend before the race. You lost her through the crowd, wondering if you should go see the races happening right now, or if you should try to go look for her.

You wandered around for a while, trying to find your friend, but unfortunately, you ended up running into somebody along the way.

"Sorry hon," he apologized as he held out his hand, trying to help you up.

He had messy black spiky hair with a red bomber jacket and black cargo pants on. You looked down at his hand and noticed a large dragon tattoo that trained up his arm.

You slowly backed away from him, "Fuck, no, sorry. That was completely my fault. I'm not sure where I'm going or what I'm doing. I'm just trying to find my friend."