Chapter 1: Danger Strikes At Midnight

"Alright, well definitely call me later when you touch down" I said into the phone. "I wish I could be there too mom, I'll try to make it out there in a few days" "I love you too, bye".

I hung up the phone and looked at the clock on the wall. 11:15pm, not much longer now till my parents board their flight to Hawaii. My face sunk just knowing I couldn't go with them.

All thanks to the stupid realtor that called and said he was coming within the next few days to go over what him, and the couple that we're going to buy my little condo, said.

I sighed and decided to hop in the shower to wash away my sadness and the long day of work I just had. The warm water felt nice against my chilled skin.

When I got out I was surprised to see that it was 11:45pm.

'Wow, I was in there longer than I thought'.

I got into my pajamas which consisted of shorts and a tank top. I went downstairs for a quick cheese and mayonnaise sandwich and water before heading back up to bed.

When I shut the light off and crawled under my blankets, the clock read 11:55pm.

'Ahh, finally in bed at last, now it's off to dreamland for me'.

I shut my eyes and relaxed. I was fast asleep once my head hit the pillow. Then it hit midnight.