𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗

The room is the utter essence of contentment, the wind silent, air warm. A early morning breeze blowing a pleasant chill into the room, the suns beaming rays grazing her cheek.

Visenya spent many mornings like this, laying awake in the comfort valley of her bed. The blissfully silent expanse of the early day. The calmness soothing the ever burning flame inside, it had been easier to manage before, but the last fifty years had been rather unpleasant despite her seemingly pleasing morning routines.

It had been about fifty years without her father now, the days had stretched far and wide, expanding that ever growing hole in her heart, the longing for the friend and support rock that was her loving, overly protective and somewhat annoying father.

Her memory of his was pure warmth in itself, giving her endless amount of love and never making her feel lesser then anything.

Managing without him never seemed to get any easier. She could only hope he was in good health, surely she would know, some of her instinct would tell her if something had happened, she was sure of it.

But that knowledge had never managed to cure the near constant churning in her stomach that some days made it impossible for her to leave the floor of her own bathing room. Those days were few and far between now, gracing her with their presences as often as her cycle, maybe slightly more.

The cool sheet covering her pillows were like ice against her flush cheek, but in a way that forced her to take in a fresh breath of air into her lungs, holding it in Enya groaned through a stretched, which arched her back and had her toes curling into the piled blankets hanging off the end of her mattress.

A loud echoing knock broke the fluentness of her muscle burning stretch, second after a dark skinned figure dressed in a white and gold dress flew in, as though she was being carried by the wind itself.

It was like a stab each time she saw her best friend, Vania, her friend could easily have passed as her father's daughter so much Visenya often found herself wondering if her friend and her had somehow been swapped by the Mother at birth.

Vania was so similar to the High Lord of Day, dark skin, the white flowing dress that cut low at the front, exposing the smooth valley of Vania's chest, golden embroidering and seams holding the pieces together, Vania's limbs and digit showcases a varying amount of golden jewelry, her favourite had always been a golden chain that hung across her brow which Enya had given to her once they both reached maturity.

"Ennie, you can't keep sleeping in like this, the Day is still young, untouched. Let's Live."

Enya had come to love Vania's seemingly unending enthusiasm to everything Day court, damn her friend even dressed like their High Lord.

"I wasn't sleeping"

Vania crossed the room, the peaking of her almost bronze thigh appearing and disappearing from under the slit up the side of her dress,

"But you're still in bed which is basically the same thing" her friend moved across her room with the unwavering swan like grace she alone seemed to posses,

"It's not actually, Besides I'm enjoying the pleasantries the Day court has to offer from here" Enya waved a hand towards the open balcony doors, the silk white curtains blowing lightly away from the floor, she didn't care in Vania saw the gesture or not

"But you can't have been, because I wasn't here" Vania, swung open the door of the closet, eyes scanning the clothes within, she angrily shoved options around inside as she contemplated. Her curls of dark hair flowing as she looked back and forth.

Enya pushed herself into an upright position, piling some of her blanket into her lap, offering a quick, "But you're here now?"

Vania pulled a beige coloured dress from the wardrobe, almost ignoring Enya as she inspected it, them plucked a forest green undershirt from the depths of within.