where it begins

~~~Kasai POV~~

I woke up to the sound of birds at my window. I looked out the window to see the sun barely rising to decorate the sky with orange and red hues. I sat up in my bed and yawned. I was about to get out of bed when I heard my dad banging on my door.

"Kasai!! Wake up Tomura needs both you and me!" He yelled. After that, I heard him walk away. I gave a heavy sigh and got out of bed. I threw on a black sleeveless shirt, a pair of shorts, and knee-high socks. I looked in the mirror as I brushed the long white and red-streaked mess I call my hair. I got it to lay down on my head but it still pooped out a little bit.

"I feel like something is missing..." I said looking in the mirror. I looked at my arms as they both combust into flames. The flames dialed down and showed the scars covering my wrist to my elbows. The flames moved from my arms to my lower jaw and eyes. When the flames calmed down I glanced back in the mirror and saw that the scars matched my father's... well all except the three scars over my right eye. I pulled some of my bangs over my eye and left to see what my dad wanted. As I left my room I could already hear toga and my dad fighting. As I came down into the room I launched a straight flame between them. Catching both of their attention.

"As much as I would love to see toga stab my shit lord of a dad but I wanna get this over with," I said, fixing my shirt and sitting down while dodging a flame from my dad. I smirked and glanced over at him.

"You and I both know you can do better than that," I said as Tomura sat down.

"Okay Dabi, Kasai. You two ready for your mission?" Krougiri asked, waking up next to us with files in hand. We both gave a nod as Tomura opened the files and started spreading pictures in front of us.

"Kasai, your part in the mission is intel," Tomura said, handing a list of blank spaces.

"Of course, it's all I ever do. Who am I getting intel on exactly?" I asked to toss the papers back on the table.

"Your targets are class 1a of U.A. high school," Tomura said calmly. I gave a nod and started to tune out after the rest of him explained what dad is supposed to do considering the last time they tried to get 1A was at USJ. We all know how that went.

"Okay now both of you need to figure out the next time there either way from the school or on a field trip," Kurogiri said calmly as I stood up.

"Cool.. imma get my end done," I said walking out of the room and ignoring my dad yelling. I didn't completely leave and waited to hear if anything else was needed.

Kurogiri sighed, "You do know she's not going to listen right? Especially when you're doing what he did to you so long ago."

"It doesn't matter if she will or not. She will understand she can't ignore me like this." My dad said with a chair being pushed out. I rolled my eyes and sunk into a blue flame below me and appeared in my room. It's a trick I learned from dad and Giri. Just as I appeared in my room I heard footsteps leading up to me. Just like clockwork dad was at my door banging again.

"Kasai!! Open the door!!" He yelled

"Or what... you're gonna burn me again?" I said sitting on my bed. After a few seconds, the door opened showing my dad with a ball of flames in his hand.

"So we're doing this again..... just get it over with." Only a few seconds after I said it he threw the ball right at my feet then my arms. He smirked then threw one at the ceiling causing it to collapse on top of me catching my room on fire .....again. it landed on my arms twisting my right one into a weird position to where I couldn't move it at all. The air around me started to make me cough as he added more fire to the room and then slammed the door closed. Black smoke filled the room as everything went dark. When I woke up I was laying on a new bed with Kurogiri sitting on the edge. I sat up slowly with strong pain in my arms and legs