Lost & Found

A/N This is mostly a random idea I had after reading another fic. A scene in it coupled with The Untamed scene when LSZ is grabbing onto WWX leg. This is a drabble based on that.

In this story A-die =LSZ, Baba=WWX

Laying in bed sandwiched between Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian is not so little anymore Lan Yuan. This has become the norm for the little family since the recovery of his memories of his dads. While some remember the famed Yiling Laozu with fear Sizhui remembers his poor Gege trying to plant him with the radishes and taking him to market. He remembers making him upset when he pulled out the lotus that he was trying to grow. What few people understand about his Baba is that he actually has a big heart and is sentimental. 

'I must get it from him', he thinks to himself.

"Time to get up Sizhui. I know that you're only pretending to still be sleeping."

"But Baba isn't awake yet. Can't I lay here with him until then?" Sizhui clings to his Baba's inner robes and snuggles closer to him.

"You have lessons." 

"So do you and Baba. If my teachers can be late so can I." 

"Your first lecture is with me and we won't be late. You know his lectures are later because it would be a hassle to try to get him functional in a Lan morning."

With a small gruff befitting someone much younger than him he relunctantly lets go and climbs out of bed. 

Lan Sizhui sticks to Wei Wuxian's hip as if he is afraid the universe will take him away again and maybe he is.
One day he tried to explain to his A-die what he was struggling to figure out for himself.

"I'm very grateful for you taking me and raising me but it always felt as if something was missing. Now I know what it was, my family. We have all been through so much..." He slides into a hug as a tear threatens to fall.

"We're healing together," Lan Wangji says returning the hug.

"It's not that I love him more. It's just that even before there was a Lan Sizhui and A-die there was a A-yuan and Baba."

"He was the first parental figure you remember. He and your Wen family took care of you when you were young." 'He's back now', he thinks to himself, 'and I know that he is also burdened with missing the rest of your childhood.'

"I want to protect him, from himself and the world so he never leaves us again."

At first it didn't seem as though he would answer. He just pat him on the head before stating "We will".

Wei Wuxian teaches sizhui how to swim, as according to him, 'he would have learned before he could walk if he had grown up in Lotus Pier'.

Since he did grow up as a Lan he is a little stiff for Wei Wuxian's liking.

"Lan Zhan, did you teach him nothing of his Baba? Have all of my influences been wiped away?" 

"Not all. He has your eye for pretty things and your warmth."

"I guess I just have to accept that our son is the voice of reason in the junior trio. You know a little taunting and teasing every now and then is not the end of the world. A little chaos keeps everyone on their toes."

"Baba, I think you are enough chaos for the entire Cloud Recesses," Sizhui says laughing.

"I'll show you chaos." With that he takes off after his son chasing him around and inside the Jingshi. It ended in a tickle fight. At this Lan Wangji smiles fondly at his family. 

After much prodding Wei Wuxian eventually tells Lan Sizhui about what lead to he and the Wens living in the burial mounds and loosing his golden core and becoming the Yiling Laozu from his perspective.

 "What was the hardest for me was not the lack of food or even being hated by the entire cultivation world. It was losing my family and home. Before my end I had lost all that I tried so hard to protect. I lost my shijie and lost Jiang Cheng to hate." He takes a deep breath. "I do wish that it could've been different and I could have been with you and A-die and Wen Ning."

They are laying in a field of bunnies. Off in the distance Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji happen upon the scene.

"Wangji, Sizhui seems rather attached to Wei Wuxian lately."   

"Mn," Lan Wangji nods his head to his brother before taking a sip of tea. "Making up for lost time."

A/N Sorry this is so disjointed. Like I said, more of a drabble.
Also, disclaimer: I do not own these characters, events of this story, nor the art.

Hope you enjoyed! Comments are welcomed!