The Killing Field

The battle raged on around the two beings who stood face to face for the first time since the war began. War horses screamed at each other, as boys and men attacked with rage in their eyes and hatred in their hearts. As bodies fell around the two beings, an ethereal silence surrounded the two.

“You win. Let’s end this, so that there’ll be no more blood on our hands,” Peter told his brother. Both were the same size, with light, translucent skin, white hair, and dark blue, nearly black, eyes, standing just over an inch from each other, and scowling.

“Do you remember what I told you before all this started,” Judas said with a sneer. Near them, a horse lost his footing, and was taken down by a horse killer, spraying both men with blood and mud.

“Yes,” Peter replied, wiping the blood and mud off his face. “But it didn't need to get to this level." Near them, a boulder, twice the size of a man, came crashing down on the horse's carcass, crushing it, the rider who was trying to get out from underneath it, and other men that were in its path. Arrows so thick they blotted out the cloud, covered sky, fell and pierced the ground around the 2 men, impaling them. "Let's end this, for their sake."

Judas stood there, bastard sword in hand, panting with blood and mud speckled across his face. "What do I get if we end it now? From where I'm standing, these men made their choices, and I will come out ahead at the end of it."

"What of their families?" Peter said, backing away from Judas. "what of their loved ones? This world will end, as it has done for an eternity, but there are less chaotic ways to end this world."

"Where would the fun be in that," Judas smiled, moving towards his brother, embracing him. Peter tried to escape his brother's embrace, but couldn't. As Judas began to crush Peter, a tear fell from Peter's eye. His hand found an arrow sticking out of the ground.

"Father, forgive me," he said, as his ribs shattered, and pierced his lungs, and inched towards his heart. Peter took the arrow, and struck it as hard as he could into his brother's heart. Judas's eyes opened wide as Peter closed his. The two fell to the ground as their bodies pulsed with glowing energy. The pulsing slowed down, and as it did their bodies levitated off the ground. The pulsing got slower and slower, until it stopped, and a burst of light energy exploded out, across the battlefield. As the wave expanded, the fighting stopped. The sound of clanging metal was silenced. The men put their swords down, and departed from that place.