Hand Prints

"I count the ways I let you down

All my fingers and toes but I'm running out

Clever words can't help me now

I tipped you attack but you're slipping out"

~ Beautiful Goodbye ~ Maroon 5 ~

Hello. If you are reading this, I need your help.

My name is Skyler Adams, and I am 17 years young. My parents kicked me out tonight because I'm a bloke who likes blokes. I live in Evesham, Worcestershire, England.

My phone battery is dying, and I'm all alone.

If you are reading this, don't tell a soul about it. About me. I don't think I could handle it, the beatings, the abuse... the hate.

It's starting to rain now, and this pen is running out of ink.

Please help me.

I jotted the last few words onto the page, folded it up, and positioned it over the doorknob of a popular cafe.

I sighed, ducking my head, and trudging into the alley. I slid down the brick wall, hugging my knees to my chest.

I felt a hand clasp on my shoulder, and my head shot up, my eyes meeting the violet and gold speckled eyes of a pale faced young man. A slight smile played at the edge of his lips, and before I knew it, he was sitting beside me.

I glanced over at him, raising an eyebrow. He didn't speak, only stared at me.

“Um...” I mumbled quietly.

“Hmm? Oh! Oh, I'm sorry,” he chuckled softly, “My name is Damon Avenucus.”

He gave me a slight grin and hung his arm over my shoulders. This should have bothered me, I'd only known the guy for 3 minutes, but it was... comforting, not bothersome.

“Why are you sitting out here all alone?” His voice spoke quietly. It wasn't too high, but it wasn't too low. It was right in the middle, it was perfect.

A slight tinge of heat filled my cheeks.

“I... I let them down. Again...” I whispered softly, smacking my hands down into the dirt, my gaze sticking on the brick and mortar building across from me.

“Surely, it couldn't be so bad. What'd you do?” He murmured softly under his breath, his words meant only for me.

“I told them I was g-gay.” I stuttered on the last word, failing at keeping my words blunt.

He grabbed my chin between his index finger and thumb, pulling my head to make me face him. His eyes searched mine.

“Clever words can't help me now.” A smile tugged at my lips, remembering the song as it quietly drifted through my head.