- Chapter nine.

Cinnamons POV.
5 months and 23 days Until.

   "Just send me a picture Cinnamon, I wanna see my babies." Letitia cooed through the phone as I groaned and went to my camera and wobbled to the bathroom. Yup, I've finally made it to the penguin stage. I don't know why she wants a picture when she literally comes home in a couple of hours but I respected her wishes and sent her a picture of my stomach.

     Her phone vibrated and all I heard was awes

     Her phone vibrated and all I heard was awes. I knew there was a dilemma, she wanted to show everyone at her job. "I know, I know my wife and baby is beautiful." She bragged in her Guyanese accent as I giggled and shook my head. "But I'm not going to hold you too much longer. I'm gonna start setting up the babies room and you can help when you come in. I love you baby." I proclaimed making my way to our old guest room. "Okay mama, don't overwork yourself eh? I love you too." A smile danced on my lips as the line went dead. (Play song.)

         I turned on my record player that i had set up in his room and turned my records on. We had got him some clothes and most of them were still in the bag so I sat down by his drawers and put them away.

    "Mommy will be your biggest fan." I started talking to the joy in my stomach. "Everything I've wanted in life is right here in my belly. Yes I'm giving you life but really.. you're giving me mine babyboy." Smiling weakly, I got up slowly after finishing and sat in the rocking chair by the window. My body was on fire and it felt like I couldn't breath. I held my stomach and rocked slowly and peacefully until my hands went numb and my vision got a little blurry. Well, I guess it's nap time. "I asked you to go easy but you're stubborn like your other momma huh?" My breath hitched a little as I heard a knock on the door. I slowly turned my head and smiled at my mom.

       "Look at my grand baby. Both of you look so beautiful." She walked over to me in a silky white gown. "Thank you. He's the best thing to ever happen to me. It's just.. everyday it's so painful. My body can't take it." She nodded and grabbed my hand. Her aura was so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes.

   "Whenever you're ready, just let go." I closed my eyes and went into a deep peaceful sleep.

   —

Letitia's POV.
Later that day.

     I walked into the house as I heard my wife's favorite song playing. "Baby I'm homeeee." A smile danced on my face as she didn't answer. Awe maybe she's taking a nap. I went into our bedroom to find the bed unmade as it made me lift an eyebrow. She always makes the bed in the morning even if she's going to lay in it all day. Walking to the babies room I seen her in the rocking chair with her head dangling off the side as I ran to her. "Baby, wake up." She didn't respond. I checked her pulse as I felt it slowing down. "Shit shit shit." I cursed and picked her up, grabbing my keys and running out of the house.

       Speeding safely to the hospital, I parked in the front and picked her up bridal style and entering the emergency room. "Someone help! Please!" I cried out as doctors ran up to me asking different questions. I told them what I knew as they put her in a hospital bed and rolled her away. I texted Journey,Danai and Courtney to let them know what's going on.

   What the hell happened?! She was just fine on the phone earlier. My heart sped up and I felt like I couldn't breathe. If this girl goes, their gonna have to burry two people at once. I wouldn't be able to take the thought of her not being here with me anymore. Just the thought of her being gone sends me to a state of shock and sadness. It's both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply.

      A couple of minutes later Journey and Courtney ran in. "What's going on? Are you okay?" Journey asked pulling me into a hug. I shook my head no being unable to talk. As soon as she pulled away, Danai walked in and pulled me into a hug as my tears finally began to fall. I gripped the back of her shirt as my sobs bounced off of her shoulders. "You're okay baby, she's gonna be okay." Danai whispered as my world fell to my feet. I pray to god that this isn't it.

        Dr.Asia finally came to us as I pressed my hands together and put them to my face to prepare myself. She tilted her head to the side and gave me a sympathetic smile as the world froze.