The Start Of The Apocalypse

It's been 357 days since things have been normal.
If i were to describe normal then it would be waking up on a sunny day, hearing the birds chirp while the children are laughing and playing with eachother without a care in the world.
You could wander the streets carefree and without a worry about some mutated creature following you, or you could go to sleep peacefully knowing that you'll wake up tomorrow.

How this all started is a long story so I'll cut it short for you:

357 days ago chaos broke out in a lab with a failed experiment causing the scientist which worked with it to turn into the creature whom we call a zombie, it caused them to become feral and attack his own co-workers, infecting the people that were in its path.
It soon spread across the country and approximately 239 people were now zombies lurking within the shadows of the streets, there were currently two kinds of zombies discovered by people.
One of them was called a walker, which.. well walks, and the other a crawler.
The crawler is more dangerous than a walker because it's harder to spot, especially at night, and when you do it could already be too late.

People tried to stop the spreading of this newly found infection by going into lockdown to stop being bitten and infected.
Then someone thought burning the corpses would be a good idea along with looking for a cure but they couldn't do it in time and soon everything went quiet, the power went out and buildings were abandoned followed by a few screams and gunshots every once in a while.
Days.. Then months went by and day by day you'd see less and less people outside until there were rarely any seen at all.
Others decided it's best if they barricaded their houses while having stocked up on food and water, thinking that it'll only last a few weeks.

Because factories have closed, food production came to a halt meaning people had to use resources wisely but it's pretty hard to do so if you've got a family, and by now shelves have either been emptied by survivors or gone rotten.

It's nothing like the movies, sure they taught you how to get ready for an apocalypse, but in reality you're not sitting infront of a screen watching computer graphics, it's much more frightening because you know it's real and you can die at any given moment, never see the light of day ever again.