Prim in the games

(ok so this is a story about Katniss not volunteering for Prim in the Hunger Games)

"Primrose Everdeen!" Effie Trinket called out to all of District 12. All the other 12 year olds stepped away from me. Why were they doing this? I thought to myself. "Come on up deary! " I slowly walked out of my row and towards the stage on the justice building. I looked back at my sister Katniss and saw she was standing ther crying. " come on dear! We don't have all day!" I looked back at her one more time and stepped onto the stage. A tear streamed down my face. This is the end I thought. "now for the boys", Effie boomed into the microphone. She got a slip of paper from the jar. "Peeta Mellark!" she yelled reading it off the slip of paper. A blonde haired boy started walking towards the stage when my sisters bestfriend Gale, came out and he said "I volunteer for Peeta." everyone was shocked. Peeta went right back where he was and Gale walked up to the stage being followed by peacekeepers. "I guess we have a volunteer", Effie exclaimed. "Now whats your name?" Gale flinched. "Gale Hawthorne", he mumbled quietly. "We have our tributes from District 12! Primrose Everdeen and Gale Hawthorne!" Effie yelled into the mic excitedly. "shake hands!" We did as we were told and were guided inside the Justice Building. We were separated into separate rooms where we waited for guests to come and say there goodbyes.

I bit my nails until they were short and stubby when my mother and Katniss walked in. Katniss an I immediately hugged each other and I started to cry. She let go and held my hands. "Prim", she said firmly. "you need to train. Train hard. Make them like you so you can get sponsors. Gale will help you I promise", she told me. I nodded and we hugged again for the last time, maybe the last time ever. She moved away and I hugged my mother. She was crying. I started to cry a bit harder and sniffled. A peacekeeper walked through the door and said it was time to go. They left quietly and I was alone again. The door opened once more and my bestfriend from school walked in. Her name was Addison. She hugged me. "don't worry Prim. Everythings gonna be okay." she said and stroked my hair. I whipped away my tears. Peacekeepers came and she left. I waited. Gale and I were guided towards a car. We got in and made our way to the train station to get to the Capitol.