𝟓𝟑 || 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

I frown, moving my face out of his hands, and stepping away from him with furrowed brows

I frown, moving my face out of his hands, and stepping away from him with furrowed brows. What was wrong with him?

Just a moment ago was he rude and nonchalant with me. Now he wants to claim that he missed me during our time apart.

Did he really miss--no, Latasha. Ryat was incapable of genuinely missing me.

"You are an asshole," I grit.

Confusing man.

"I've missed you calling me that too," he mutters lowly, eyes on me. I throw him a glare only to see him looking down at my wrist and the bracelet.

The bracelet that he gave me for my birthday.

Pushing away the emotions that were swelling at the fact that he noticed, my frown deepens. "Stop it," I gathered the bucket in my hand and walked back into the kitchen. "I don't know what happened while you were away but don't disrespect me, Ryat."

Wordlessly, he doesn't move from his spot. The way his head tilted in the light made it easy to spot the noticeable bruising around the cut on his upper brow. A troubling look crossed his features. Exhaling he holds his chest, making his way over to my sofa. "You're right," he murmurs. "I should have said my pretty little whore."

I don't miss the way he emphasized the word my. The bastard was unapologetic about it and it frustrated me more. Scowling, I take off my gloves and dump the used soapy water.

I set the bucket upside down in the sink before gathering some ice in a new cloth. Turning on my heels, I watch him silently. He was glaring at the window with so much disdain.

"I mean it. Here," I stepped around the coffee table, holding out the cloth. "This should prevent the swelling and dull the pain."

Lips sealed together, he takes the cloth with the ice and though his movements are stiff and reluctant, he places the cloth on the cut.

"I need to lie low," he blurts, eyes looking around before stopping to gaze out of the window.

Watching. Regarding. Scanning.

What was on his mind and what was this confession of lying low about?

"Is there someone after you?" I questioned without hesitation. I had to know considering that his presence was a shock and it was still unbelievable that he was here in my apartment. I still was uncertain how he even got past this heavy security that Akin has placed all around the building.

"There's always someone after me, baby." The response was simple and left me building more questions.

"Where did you go?" I fiddled with my arms. "When you left."

"Berlin, Germany," he answers simply but shortly.

"All this time?"

"Yeah," he murmurs in displeasure.