part-56 ~Back to present~

someone's residence

someone's residence.

A lady opened the door revealing a younger figure than her, standing there in her 20s. It took her a few minutes to recognise the face but as soon as she recalled her a bright smile spread on her face. Without thinking any further she quickly embraced the lady.

"Mallika" she squeezed her in her warm embrace.

"How r u Mrs. Raichand" she asked with a serene smile on her face.

Mrs. Raichand replied her with a nod in excitement. Then they're attention was pulled by two voices coming down at their back.

"Mishu don't run beta. U have fever..."

"No papa I want to go to Shrey. I promised him that I'll play with him when he gets well"
She said in her baby tone that mesmerized Mallika. She was staring at the little girl.

Mishu was running when she didn't notice a bigger body standing there and bumped into her. Mallika immediately tool her in her arms. Her eyes got teary to see her. She hugged Mishu.

"But now u r not well na baby?" She whispered to Mishu.

"What is ur name?"

"Michelle Raichand but..."

"Who are you aunty?" Mishu asked pulling herself to take a clear glance.

"Me?? Um... I'm ur new friend. Won't u make me one?" Mallika asked cutely with a pout.

Mishu was unsure at first and was looking back and forth at her parents who smiled at her. She nodded softly and kissed on her cheeks.
Nevertheless.... Mallika is so adorable.

"Now put me down na aunty I want to go to my best friend. He'll be waiting for me" she said impatiently.

Mallika smiled at her while keeping down. She adored her connection with Shrey.
"Sure but first take some time to get well. Or else Shrey will be angry na that u didn't care abt urself?"
Mallika said to which she made a serious face taping her index finger on her jaw.

"Makes sense. Okay I'll call him and say I'll play tomorrow" saying this she smiled and ran back to her father.

"Welcome Mrs. Mudgalkar. After a very long time, we are really pleased by ur presence here" He said.

Mallika nodded at him with a smile.
"I see Michelle has grown up. She is really beautiful just like Rubina"

The couple looked happy. Mrs Raichand took Mishu with her to feed.

"We're really very happy with her Mrs. Mudgalkar. She is a lucky child for us. I got promotions in my job after she came to our life. Her mother is so happy and almost forgot that she isn't our biological daughter but loves her like so...." Mr. Raichand whispered to her.

"God had his own plans Mr Raichand. May be that's why she lost her parents and u lost ur daughter. But u guys are happy with each other right?! So just think of it.... Nothing more is needed" she said to which Raichand agreed.

Then she turned to him with a serious expression.
"Give me the pendrive Mr Raichand. It isn't safe of me staying here for so long. Idk why I'm getting a vibe like someone follows me. I'll leave as soon as i get that. Also I m relieved to see Mishu, happy"

She stated. Mr Raichand nodded before leaving the place. She was lost in her thoughts that how so many things have changed in these years. Her going away from her family, Medha's birth and the pendrive that she has been waiting to take. She was being so impatient abt it. Her trances broke hearing Raichand clearing his throat.

"Here's the pendrive Mrs Mudgalkar."

She mumbled a soft thankyou to him.

"My pleasure that I could help u. I was also shocked abt this pendrive when we found it in Michelle's belongings. Like after 3 years we found it out from her old things. And the footage was really shocking. Thankfully u had kept contacts with us in these very years" He said genuinely showing his concerns.

She gave a curt nod, "can u give me ur laptop, I'll check it"

He agreed and they checked the pendrive. The pendrive had the data of Vikram Grocer's black deeds that Rudra had collected but unfortunately before he could give that to her he was killed. He had safely kept the pendrive in Michelle's belongings.... And that day Jessica and her men went to kill Rubina and find out this pendrive before Mallika in which Rubina was killed Mercilessly.

She was satisfied with the proof and then she knew she could take the revenge.
"Once again thanks Mr Raichand. I'll be grateful for ur help. Well, hoping to meet u guys very soon, not hiding from others but family meets very oftenly" she said letting a chuckle out. Mr Raichand agreed to her words till then Mrs Raichand came with three coffee mugs.

After more few minutes of spending some time with them she left their house. She drove herself infront of a temple first and then towards the place she stayed. While going she noticed Sumedh entering in the house with Raj and Shrey in his arms. Tears dwelled up in her eyes. She just wanted to hug shrey till the eternity. Mallika watched them disappearing into the house from a distance and started her car again sighing on her deed.

Mallika's pov

I was on my way to home when my gaze got stuck on the rear view mirror. I saw three bikes were following my car.
Darn!!! I knew it. I accelerated the speed as fast s I could thank fully it was Sunday and the road wasn't busy enough. It was when I heard bullet sounds. I had to keep the pendrive at a safe place. I took a sudden turn knowing that it'll give me some time to have a conversation with Pooja.
I called her saying that someone's following me and  told her to come out I'd quickly pass her the pendrive.

Within a few minutes she came at the road point and I gave her the proof.
"Please keep it safe... It will prove everything" I said almost crying.

My heart was thumping wildly against my chest. What if I died that day?? My son would never see his mother again....

"Trust me Mallika." She said and I gave her a relieved nod.

Not taking much time I drove away from her those bikes finally showed up and I intentionally took my car towards an isolated hill.... The speed accelerated, I closed my eyes to take a deep breath and started counting my minutes of life. A fear of saving my family and myself worked always in my mind.

The bikes were still following me, getting no other option I left the staring and pressed the accelerator and opened my seatbelt..... I looked outside, a lone huge tree....
Pov ends

The car flew down the hill.... A huge crash was seen. The three bikes stood at the back somehow controlling their speed to prevent from slipping down.

"Boss the car crashed down the hill, it's every part is destroyed. The lady is dead" One of those man said on his phone.

A heavy voice started laughing from the other side.....
.
.
TBC .....

So how was the part?? Sorry for this sad turn in the story....
Are u excited for the next part? A twist is waiting for u in the last 3-4 parts....
Yeah guys more 3-4 parts left for its end. Please stay by this story till it's end and give ur votes and comments abt the parts🖤🖤

Stay safe and happy....
Next part after 25+ votes and 20 comments pls🖤