would you read this if i insist?

what if i wrote this as a book:

from vinyls, museum, musicals, life, and to him. he had always pursued beauty. he had always a keen eye for art, fine specimens, pretty things, everything that tingles his viewpoint. so the moment he saw him, he knew that he was bound to fall in love. it was inevitable.

just like how he reacted based on his previous impulses about 'beauty', he also flailed after him despite of the critique it may receive, nor how hard it may seem. however as they were was on a path of falling in love, he felt conflicted about what he truly feels about him.

he suddenly felt that the love that he was feeling for him is only superficial and is only the results of his reaction based on his instinct and aesthetic, or the way he responds to 'beauty' in general.

that led him to having second thoughts about them, and made him question if the concept of 'love' that he was feeling for him is only related to his external 'beauty'. it led him to distance himself from him, because he deeply believes that love shouldn't be as shallow as that of falling in love by the 'beauty' of things alone.

it took him several months to truly know whether he truly loves him or not, and as those months passed by, the time also didn't stop. nor the distance it took for them to grow apart.

so when he finally had his answer that he squabbled around with for a very long time, he was all alone inside a famous art gallery in milan.

he was standing there admiring a piece that person really liked. it was from a relatively mediocre painter from the 50's, altough he didn't have a lot of famous works and, nor did his name got really known by his prime, or in this timeline either. it was only that single piece that he painted that  etched his history in that very museum.

it was a vague picture of a boy seemingly mesmerized by a golden firefly.

it is unknown whether the firefly was alive or not, as it was caged by an old lamp and laid on its back. but still didn't stop the gorgeous glow the firefly was emitting. it was enchanting.

as he stared at the painting more, he was able to produce a image within his mind.

the scenario he saw included both the boy and the firefly from the painting. the boy that was admiring the firefly finally opened the lid for the creature as if setting him free. but the firefly didn't bulge nor flee. the bright shine of the firefly only illuminated more brightly. as if telling the boy something without really saying anything.

the boy smiled, it was several times more astounding than the firefly's light. but the firefly couldn't really continue interacting with the boy, as the boy got distracted and left his room, leaving the firefly all by himself. that's the only time where the firefly finally got out of the lamp, and flew away. he was able to see that the firefly was indeed alive, but it became seemingly more dull as it lost its shine.

the firefly couldn't find it's glow anymore the moment it left the boy's side. it seem free but it also somehow died.

he finally got out of his trance and again saw the painting infront of him. he suddenly remembered what was the name of the painting that he once told himself.

the title of the painting is 'lost' and it is painted by a painter called 'you'.