one ❦

Sweater Weather . The Neighbourhood

There wasn't a single pure ray of light in sight across the vast caverns of the Great Divide

There wasn't a single pure ray of light in sight across the vast caverns of the Great Divide. The usually golden, dry canyons were now shrouded in grays as if dullness greeted the Earth.

Few people could be seen as the lightest drizzles began to fall. Even fewer were alive amongst the barren lands.

The war that had broken out mere minutes ago was minor in the grand scheme of the Fire Nation—yet, it was also the biggest success they could imagine.

The Fire Nation.

Simply uttering the name among the other three elemental nations would cause many to tremble in fear. In large, bustling capital cities such as Ba Sing Se of the Earth Kingdom, a massive amount of the population are simply refugees who wish for a protected, fresh start in a growing economy—a chance to live peacefully and far from the tragedies they encountered because of the Fire Nation.

Of course, some civilizations even cease to exist because of their endeavors.

Amongst the people still standing was a girl who seemed to rest upon the air. Her hair was unequal, cut diagonally across her shoulders with few lingering strands remaining. Her garments frayed beige in color and fulfilled the need for the freedom she embraced.

Small cuts and red bruises littered the delicate skin of her face—she'd come out alive after heinous hours of fighting.

Now there she stood, with few by her side while facing his army.

Time froze when the two locked eyes. Each bender by their side seemed to suck in a harsh breath, whether aware or unaware. Nevertheless, soon they all became shadows, hidden by the soaking rain as they finally took a moment of rest—of thickened peace.

"Jungwon," the girl spoke, acknowledging his presence. Acknowledging him.

Jungwon stood in front of her clad in formed, protective armor majestic in style. He seemed to carry an aura of harshness, of strength and power. He had within him the aura of a leader.

"Seolyeon," he spoke with vigor, forcing disdain in his voice.

They maintained eye contact for hours that were seconds. The singular flash of lightning slowly blinded them—yet when the light dissipated, they still remained.

"Just spit out," Seolyeon started, unable to keep in her thoughts. "What the hell do you want?"

Jungwon laughed, finding her single statement ludicrous. It was obvious what his nation wanted. It was obvious why he had his personal guard behind his back.

"We'd rather have the last airbender in our prisons—isn't it obvious?"

Seolyeon rolled her eyes, scoffing at his mocking tone. "And I want to see you in the prisons of Ba Sing Se. We can't all have what we want, can we?"