description | disclaimer

sweet•spot/swēt spät/       1

sweet•spot
/swēt spät/
       1. the point or area on a bat at which it makes most effective contact with the ball.
       2. a space where you and your partner are safe together in a vulnerable way where you know you can protect and understand each other
      3. the center of sexual pleasure

Kaia Castillo is no stranger to screwing things up.

After growing up in odd circumstances with her twin-sister, Kaia has to spend most of her life in survival mode. She parties all night, sleeps most of the day away, and is simply trying her hardest to keep her head above water every moment in between. So when sudden heart-break sends the former sex-worker into a bar for a late-night drink, she decides the best way to get over one man? Is to get under another. What she's completely unaware of is the man that she sets her sights on is jaded, professional baseball player Theo Alexander.

When a night of salacious flirting and an unusual game of truth or dare ends with the two entangled in the sheets of Kaia's bed, they decide the sex isn't enough. With a layer of anonymity between them they both agree to do something they never do: talk about all the things that haunt them the most. It's a simple plan: talk, go their separate ways, never see each other again, and never utter a word about what went on between those four walls.

All goes according to plan in the days that follow and the night seems to be water under the bridge until Kaia unknowingly accepts a position to be Theo's personal assistant.

When the two are back in one another's presence conclusions are drawn and defenses are put up but one thing is undeniable: the sexual tension and chemistry between Kaia and Theo linger from the time they previously shared. It's nearly impossible for the pair to run away from their feelings, no matter how hard they try, but with the trauma of their pasts looming between them the idea of a relationship seems almost unimaginable.

Living with what already feels like a full count, can Kaia and Theo hit their sweet spot in love or have they already struck out?

Mature themes such as strong language, mental health, violence, abuse, sex, etc. will happen throughout the course of this book. Reader discretion is advised.

I do not own any images, songs, or videos used throughout this book. If the rightful owners to said images, songs, or videos would like their work removed from the story they will be removed upon request.

•••

Copyright © britxcvi ™ 2023
All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or used, in any manner, without the written consent of the publisher. Any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law, and will be subject to fine. This is a work of fiction.

Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.