Part 1 (The new present)

Some people would like to forget what they did, what they had done, how that made them feel. The past is in the past, yesterday is the past. We cannot see the past in the future or even now. But for some people the past is walking along them. Sometimes it's just ahead of them, waiting for them to step on it. Maybe it's just the effect of bad people having done something awful. Is there a reason why it is haunted and waits for them. Is it karma? Lessons? Whatever it is either makes people depressed, miserable or it makes them human.

A miserable man who had worked hard for his position. He had done everything to get to this place, the throne of everything or at least in Mafia industry. Should we say Mafia is the 'business'? But all of them think that way. Mafia is just one of the jobs that needs hard work, full attention, aptitude, passion and some of the traits 'desperate'. They need to do whatever it takes to get what they want such as respect, money, power and so on.

Eamon, the tall big muscular man one of the Mafia, who had work and done so much work to get on top. The reason behind the goal was none. He used to have his purpose for being in industry but time after time, kill after kill, take after give for so many years that he couldn't even count. The goal disappeared.

He was the King of the Mafia that ruled all the continents: Russia, Italy, England, etc. People respected him, wanted to work and served him, they also were scared of him. And he was at the top of everything which meant there were loads of enemies as well. Since he was the biggest and greatest and there were many big mafias that wanted to destroy him and also his own gang wanted to take his throne. But he didn't just point at the throne and get it. To achieve all of these surely he was a crazy, mad man no one couldn't compare, wondering how much blood that he gave and took from them.

No matter how miserable he was, the terrible things that he had done, found were terrific for people in the Mafia industry. The mind of his, tried so hard to get out of this awful place but how? Because of the long life of Eamon, spending with power. No matter how bad he wanted to get out, he couldn't.

But it didn't mean it wouldn't have a way out.

There was someone that set him up. The Mafias had shaken their hands and trapped him out. Eamon knew what they wanted, what they tried to do. So many times that he was threatened, betrayed, and almost died. But he always survived those situations. But this time he decided to surrender.

8 gangs that tried to kill him, he didn't even defend himself. He stood there in the middle of the circle of men pointing the guns at him. He had seen the existence, the existence of this life. He probably could go to hell from what he had done but for him he had seen heaven because it was a way out, his only way out.

    How could someone like him see heaven? God wouldn't allow it. And that thought brought Eamon's men to him, helped him from the dying zone. The bullet missed the heart or any important parts that made him die.

Some people, gangs, thought that he was dead. And some knew what happened, for people who knew had made a deal with Eamon. Since he really wanted to die, the judgment wasn't approved. They let him go and walked away from this business in exchange he cannot come back or not even put his foot on this area.

From that he moved to a new city, cut himself off from the old world and hello to the new beginning. He decided to open the cafe because of his purpose to blend in with normal people here. He found that there were a lot of cafes, blending in or acting like the past wasn't there was his main life set. 

He always wondered if this new life had occurred to him was just an imagination. But the old body and mine always reminded him that it was real, his ear was damaged after the several shots that he took, missed and hit combined, he became deaf.

Emaon named his cafe, The Cafe, easy, normal blend in and plain. After 3 months he opened, he took the first employee to his cafe. His new employee's name is Kwan, a blonde-haired guy who looks like a prince. He can use sign language because he has a cousin who is deaf as well.

2 years later, he had been living his life here. He lived a normal, plain life, not talking to anyone, not even with the customers. And there was a new girl who walked around his restaurant every night, feeding and playing with a black stray cat. He saw her when he was out to throw trash at night. He was interested in her because of her nightly routine, seeing her playing with a black cat and never stepped inside the cafe once. And of course her looks as well, her hair got his attention in the first place. 

And one day a person who he wondered had come to the cafe with the white paper in her hand that he posted in front of the entrance a few days ago. He saw her face to face for the first time. Her eyes were matching her hair very well. Emaon might not be able to hear her voice that clear but the way she moved her beautiful pinkish lips are so fascinating to watch because it contrasted with her emotionless eyes.

After the interview, he was more and more interested in her. He was surprised by the way she behaved herself, the way she spoke, the way she moved. She didn't smile much, but when she smiled it was brighter than her hair.

Her brilliant looks complement her skills very well. She was a very fast learner. She just observed and can follow the lessons very well since he couldn't speak to her.

Time went by, he and her new employee, Killa, developed their relationship. He didn't think or see this relationship ahead. He just was interested in her more than anyone else.

And one day he walked her to her place because she was drunk. Then he saw her room was trashed. Someone broke into her apartment or maybe it was just a pack of animals which could have just broken the door but they used the lock opener instead. That animal must be clever.

In his mind he knew that deep in his gut it might be the one from the past. He decided to call his assistant, the best person who worked with him since the beginning of the Mafia life. And his thought was right, it was some of the gangs. They came to warn Eamon, reminded him not to return by invading and attacking the nearest person. He was curious why they chose Killa to be the target since Kwan was the first one and was with him longer than her. But the back of his mind popped up because of his behavior and every action toward her was totally clear to them that He was more than just interested in her.

There was a night, a night that he almost slipped his honest truth out of his mouth, not just the words out from him but the movement of his lips.

Killa has been staying with Eamon since the breaking-in situation in her apartment happened. And it was the night that she came back drunk. The guilty pleasure of Killa might be drinking; she would love to go out and drink with her friends. And Emaon saw her drunk so many times.

And he found out that the drunk habits of her are slipping the inside truth feelings. She told her feelings toward him that night and kissed him by the edge of his mattress. Her tiny lips were so drowning and the way she was the one who led that made his heart pounding hard and louder than the bombs exploding outside his mansion.

Not just Killa that was doing the impulsive action, one day he got sick and Killa took care of him. She missed the classes because she was so worried about him too much to leave him alone. Probably the effect of the pills and getting the high fever, he was so vulnerable or just maybe his inner feelings wanted to come out and play. He would like to bring the memory of that night between Killa and him, which she didn't remember. He wasn't upset but he would like to get to know her feelings and wanted to show his wavy emotion of feeling with her. He kissed her, not because of high on drugs but high on love. This time he pushed his mind back and let his feelings in. No matter how much Killa received the hot kiss from her boss and drowned into his fever. But Eamon had to stop his action. He needed to stay calm and composed his heavy brain back.

He accepted the happiness that she has given to him, the nice, sweet and unbelievable feelings of her for him. But that thought of being with her happily after having to push aside the fact that he didn't think that he couldn't deserve the innocent honest sweetest love from Killa, was too good to be true.

It makes no difference for Killa even though her boss pushed her away and the hot and cold behavior. She's still there and taking care of him.

And his gut and his miserable thinking were right again. He found Killa's note

'Thank you for everything'

That day had come to him, the lonely life without her. She was gone.