Enormity

[Nina]

I walk towards the light, holding hands with a man. At the end of the light stands a mysterious female figure, her face cannot be made out. I am happy and feel like I have returned home. The light begins to fade, the man lets go of my hand, and the woman disappears. Everything goes dark and then screams shake my world. I realized I was only dreaming, but then why didn't the screams stop me? Something terrible happened out there in real life.

I jumped out of bed as suddenly as I had ever done before and was already at the window. Then a mighty explosion ended everything. The next moment, I felt only pain and pressure. The house fell on me... I was blinded by pain and despair. I tried to shout for help, but no sound came out of my throat. I felt hot tears streaming down my face.

Shouting would be pointless. Everyone around me probably lost their lives. Everyone... MOM!

[Katerina]

I had to go to the hospital urgently for an operation. Before I left the house, I kissed my daughter on the cheek and left her a message. On the way to the hospital, all I could think about was the intervention. It's true that I have been a doctor for 9 years, but I cannot remain calm when human lives are at stake.

When I arrived at my workplace, I exchanged a few words with the head doctor, and was immediately directed to the patient. They had already started the anesthesia, so they were just waiting for me to start the operation.

I looked at my assistant and the scalpel lying on the operating table. As if the table was shaking and... my ears were ringing? My first thought is that it's just morning fatigue or stress from the surgery, but no. The next moment, the windows were broken, and hot steam was flowing through them.

Reflexively, I curled up into a fetal position and protected myself from the shards of glass flying through the air. I opened my eyes, and I was horrified by the sight. My assistant and my patient's body were full of cuts, burns and large shards of glass protruding from them. I checked both of their pulses, but there was nothing I could do. My screams got stuck in my throat, my tears flowed.

I remembered my daughter sleeping at home, and my tears fell even more intensely. My cry was interrupted by a falling beam that narrowly missed me. I pulled myself together and started walking home from the ruined building. I have to find her.

[Levi]

"Captain! They are chasing us! I think the airship is their target."

"Don't say obvious things," I sighed.

"Get back on board! I'll take care of these couple of soldiers by myself" I growled at them, then turned away from my squad.

I was right. These morons followed me. I sped up my tempo, so I could quickly get ahead of them. With my maneuvering equipment I flew high, then turned behind their back, so I chased them. I shot my hook straight into one of their people's backs, and with one move, I pulled him back. When they noticed that one of their comrades was missing, I already cutted the next person's neck with my blade. Suddenly came the explosion, and the hot steam following it. My hook immediately breaks out of the side of the building because of the sudden gust of wind.

At the next moment, I found myself in a deeper pit, which protected me from the hot steam. My body was full of injuries, one of my arms was even broken. Although, I got away, unlike the Marleyan soldiers. They probably died instantly. With my broken limb, I tried to climb out of the pit. Suddenly, a hand grabbed mine and pulled me out.

[Katerina]

The hospital was unrecognizable. The white walls were covered in blood, the floors collapsed, and the stairs became unusable. I looked for survivors with my eye, but I only saw unconscious nurses and unrecognizable corpses around me.