𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭. 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗠𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗔 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗸

_____

_____

   Friday, November 25th
7:52 AM

   "I don't understand how this could be humanely possible, Ayaka.."

   "Y/N, stop exaggerating!" She let out a giggle as you smiled at her.

   "I'm really not, I swear! What hair products do you even use?! Your hair is always so silky and smooth... I can't say I'm not jealous."

   You sat with your best friend, Kamisato Ayaka, whom you had been friends with for a little over a year now. You were sitting with your chair close to the side of her desk, which your elbow was resting on. You swear she just kept getting prettier by the day. In her Sophomore year, she was already pretty. But when Junior year finally came, it's almost like her features really shined out more... Or maybe that was just you starting to notice the little things after knowing her for so long.

   "No wonder so many people are crushing on you, Ayaka. Yet another reason to envy you." You let out a long, dramatic sigh.

   "Oh please, you're one to talk."

   "Hey! Stop lying... We both know that I have no love life."

   "It's sad to see you can be so blind to something that's right in front of you, Y/N."

   "Really now? Then give me one name."

   She gulped and then went on to clear her throat.

   "A-Anyways, do you hear those girls non-stop squealing over there?"

   She pointed at a group of around 4 girls in the corner of the room.

   "They've all been at it for a while now, and not just our class but also girls from other classes."

   "Wha... Hey! Stop trying to change the topic!"

   "I'm really not..! But uh... Anyhow, there's been rumors about a pretty attractive guy that recently transferred here, in our grade!"

   "C'mon... We get news like that every month... What, are you into him too?"

   "Huh? No, of course not! But uh... Apparently, he was already quite popular before he transferred... He's in Shinobu's class, and she's been telling me he has... Quite an insufferable attitude."

   'If Shinobu could put up with Itto, this guy must have been pretty bad.'

   "Then why bother to talk about him?" you squinted your eyes at her as she slyly looked away to the door. "I knew it! It was just to change the topic-!"

   Right then, your teacher walked in.

   You looked at the teacher and then back at Ayaka, who was now wearing a smug closed-eye smile on her face.

   Huffing, you put your chair back into its position at your desk and started taking out your notebooks, still looking at the side of Ayaka's head with your eyes squinted.