nine

"You know you messed up, right?" Yuma looked at Chaeri with a brow raised while she was still thinking of what happened to her with the two boys.

It's been a week and Euijoo was hella clamped to her 24/7 ever since that day when he confessed to her and she had been trying to avoid Nicholas not wanting to disappoint Euijoo.

It was crazy, she thought. She almost went crazy.

Chaeri sighed and nodded in frustration. "Yeah, I messed up."

"Though, I figured. Have you ever noticed that both Euijoo and Nicholas are barely together these past few days? I actually noticed since last week." Yuma told.

Chaeri widened her eyes, finally realizing what happened to them. "You're right!"

"Oh gosh, I feel bad that I'm the cause of their friendship being ruined!" Chaeri groaned worriedly.

"Well, the real question here. Do you like Euijoo back?" The guy asked her in curiosity.

Chaeri was taken aback by his question and the fact that she hadn't thought about it made her lose her mind completely. Chaeri herself was still confused about her feelings, her mind told her to like Euijoo back because he had done a lot of things for her but her heart told her not to because she didn't like him that way.

"I want to like him, but I can't." She bit her lower lip in frustration. "Because at this point, I think I like someone else."

Yuma's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Wait, what- who?!" He questioned impatiently.

The thought of it made her stomach flip continuously and smiled unknowingly. "Someone whom I almost kissed a week ago." She answered while grinning and her eyes looked at the ground bashfully.

"And you didn't tell me about it? Wow, what a betrayer." He rolled his eyes in a playful manner before crossing his arms over his chest. "Okay but for real, who is that person?"

Chaeri shook her head with a teasing smile. "Not telling you."

"You do know I have Nicholas's number just in case you're trying to mess with me." Yuma playfully threatened with a teasing smile back at her, he raised his phone and waved it at her while Chaeri didn't really care about it which eventually made him sigh in defeat.

"Aw come ooonnnn- I'm your best friend!" He whined. "We promised not to have secrets!"

"I can't trust you anymore after you forced me to go with Ej without my permission! You literally just grabbed me and pushed me at him!" She smacked his side before crossing her arms over her chest.

Yuma rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, chuckling at the memory of him doing that to her. "Oh yeah.. about that, I was just trying to help you from being lonely." He laid his head on her shoulder.

The female smiled upon feeling the weight on her shoulder and then laid hers on his head with a smile plastered on her face. "Fineee. It's Nicholas, easy peasy." She laughed.

"I knew it." Yuma grinned at her answer. "So you guys almost kissed, you like him again, don't you? Well I mean obviously yes, but I can't believe your old crush actually likes you right now."

"I can't believe it too, it's too good to be true." Chaeri sighed lightly. "Covid was hell I couldn't even properly give him signs with all the social distancing stuff."

"Understandable. Anyways, what are you going to do with Euijoo?" Yuma asked her curiously.

"I want to.. give it a chance with him."

Yuma immediately lift his head up and looked at her in disbelief. "Chae, are you serious? You don't even like him!"

Chaeri, unfortunately, nodded her head sadly before nibbling her bottom lip. "Yuma, if you were in my shoes right now you'd understand how complicated this situation right now. Imagine liking someone like a fangirl waiting to be noticed only to get the attention right now and then this person who's always there for me during my lonely times and light up my days."