SEVEN; the letters

{🍇} . . .

"SO COOL!" nico yelled, holding his hands out to chiron, "y-you—you're a centaur!"

  chiron managed a smile. "yes, mr. di angelo, if you please. though, i prefer to stay in human form for ah.. first encounters."

"and whoa!" he looked towards mr.d, "you're the wine dude? no way!"

  dionysus turned his eyes away from percy and gave nico a complete look of loathing. the man hated when people (or animals..) called him, 'the wine dude.' he probably took it as disrespectful, as gods got offended easily.. too easily. "the wine dude?" he repeated, agitatedly.

"oh! dionysus, right? i think i've got your figurine!"

"my.. figurine."

  "in my game, mytho-magic! and a holofoil card, too! and even though you've only got, like, five-hundred attack points and everyone thinks your lame—i totally think you're powers are sweet!"

  "ah." dionysus seemed perplexed—a rare thing—like he didn't really comprehend that nico insulted him several times, but it was a good thing. it saved percy and his big mouth from dying. "well that's . . gratifying."

  "percy," chiron said quickly, noticing dionysus' distraction. "you, daphne, and thalia go down to the cabins. inform the campers that we will be playing capture the flag tomorrow evening.

  "capture the flag?" percy questioned, not getting the hint, "but we don't have enough..."

"it is a tradition." chiron said, "a friendly match, when the hunters come to visit."

"they burnt down our cabins last time..." daphne murmured.

"yeah," thalia scoffed, "i bet it's real friendly."

  chiron jerked his head towards dionysus, who was still frowning with a perplexed look as nico kept talking about how many defense points the gods had in his myth game. "run along now." chiron smiled.

"oh right." thalia nodded. "come on, percy."

  thalia hauled percy out of the big house before dionysus could remember how he wanted to kill percy. daphne  followed right behind.

  "you've already got ares on your bad side," daphne reminded percy as we trudged to the cabins, "i dont think you want my father to be added to the list of, 'gods who want to kill me!' "

  he glared at the valley, like it personally did something to him. "sorry. i couldn't help it. its just so unfair."

  thalia stopped by the armory and looked out across the valley, somewhere towards the top of half-blood hill, where her pine tree still stood. the golden fleece glittered and was hung on it's lowest branch. (they rescued the fleece from a cyclops' island last summer, but thats a story for another time.) the tree's magic still protected the magical border, but no longer used thalia's spirit for power.

"percy, everything is unfair." she muttered, "sometimes i wish..." 

  she didn't finish. but daphne understood what she meant well enough; she wished she wasn't a half-blood. if she wasn't, she wouldn't have been stuck in time and randomly brought back to the present where everything was different. her two closest friends were gone, she only had grover now, and thalia probably felt like a stranger to camp. an outsider.