convenience store

The stars illuminated in the jet black sky in the streets of Incheon, where he walked amongst the quiet, but beauteous night.

It was 11:30pm already and Han Jisung was planning on studying hard for the entire night as he had an important test the following day which he stupidly did not previously prepare for.

As he walked, his footsteps sounded like little bombs dropping onto the concrete floor as the whole of the street was pitch black and everybody in the streets lights were out, except for one convenience store.
'I feel bad for the workers who have go work this late!' he thought, as he blew on his hands which where almost as freezing as Antarctica. Despite his long, thick coat he was still cold as the temperatures were dropping as the winter months were approaching in South Korea.

Jisung could see the bright, glowing neon lights from the the store, and unsurprising there was not a soul to be seen in there except for the tired workers waiting to go home.

He walked up to the door and it automatically slid open to let him in.
The relieving rush of warm air came to him as soon as he stepped foot inside. He started wishing he would never have to step foot back outside into the cold ever again, as if this was the first time in his life that be had felt the warmth.

4 isles filled with rows and stacks of delicious food and snacks stood before him as he looked across the store at the world of food before his eyes. He glanced to the side, where the shopping baskets were stacked and he picked one of them up and grasped the handle with his right hand.

He continued on to shop and went to the snacks isle where he picked up some of his favourite foods, chips and chocolate. The only sound in the store other than the faint kpop songs playing in the background, the loud sound of the packets of the ready salted chips crinkled throughout the store.

After he had gathered all the delicious  chips and other snacks for him to enjoy for whilst he was to fight against his tiredness throughout the long night, he walked over to the freezer isle to grab something that will quench his thirst.

He switched the basket from his right hand to his left to give his hand a rest from carrying the mountain full of snacks. He opened the freezer door and the warmth of the air disappeared. A range of flavours of cola such as normal,diet, zero, cherry, lime, were out in the freezer and he looked around and his favourite flavour, vanilla cola was there. His brown eyes lit up as he reached out to grab the can of sweet, bubbling delight.

As his hand wrapped around the cream coloured can, Jisung's was startled when the deep, smooth voice of a boy beside him suddenly spoke out from beside him.

"You like this drink too, huh?"

The words hit him like an electric shock as he jumped out of his skin at the sudden sound of his sweet voice.

His eyes widened and his head turned to look at the person beside him and his heart instantly melted in his chest after laying his eyes on the beautiful and handsome boy.

His mouth opened to speak but he was overthinking what he could say and he couldn't think of anything, so he just plainly responded with one word, "yeah."

The boy chuckled lightly, as he cracked a small grin, revealing his bunny like smile which complimented his angelically handsome features, "That's cool. Most people don't like this flavour." He said with his soothing voice. Jisung wasn't expecting to have to talk to anybody other than the cashier when he left the house, let alone the most handsome guy he will probably ever set his eyes on.

The one next  to him reached over Jisung to grab a can of the vanilla cola and Jisung quickly realized he was standing in the way and moved. The freezer door shut and Jisung was clasping the can with both of his hands, glaring at the handsome stranger.

"It was nice meeting you, stranger," the mysterious boy spoke with his soft, feathery voice before turning away to go to the counter to pay for his basketful of items.

Jisung watched his back as he walked away from him, as he comprehended what had just happened. Jisung should not have been so flustered by this normal reaction with a completely random stranger who he had never seen before if it was not for the fact that he was 100% his type.

'Oh my god why am I so awkwardd?!' Jisung thought, standing in the middle of the isle as he threw the can which almost squashed his snacks into the basket.

From the other side of the store, Jisung finished buying all the stuff he needed, such as; cheesecakes, cookies, etc, he listened to the sound of the cashier scanning and the rustling sound of packets followed by the sound of the boy thanking the cashier before leaving the store.

Jisung carried his basket over the the till and rested his aching shoulders after placing the heavy basket on top of the counter.
"Will that be all?" Asked the woman behind the till.
"Yes." He replied, holding the money in his hand.
"Okay, that'll be 16,000 won."

He held out 20,000 won and took his change and the plastic bag carrying his snacks.
"Thank you." He politely said before turning around and approaching the sliding doors to leave.

Before entering out into the cold, he put up his hood and opened the door and stepped back out into the dark.