Chapter 1: Daphne Blake

"I'm home!" Daphne called out as she swiftly swung open the door. There was no response whatsoever while she was standing in the doorway. "annnd you're still at work." Daphne said in defeat, and she closed the door behind her. She turned on most of the lights in the house as she was walking through, eventually reaching to her room at the end of the hall. Her backpack was carefully dropped onto the floor next to her bed that is in the need of being made. She stared at the bed for a moment, it was tempting to just take a nap and not worry about homework and such. Avast, she must get things done. First of all was to get all of that make up off of her face and dressed into some more comfortable clothes. She opened up what she just calls 'the stuff drawer' of her desk. A drawer that just had a mess of things to style her hair, at the very bottom of it all, she eventually found a hair tie. She took ten minutes to figure out how she wanted to put her hair up. She eventually just goes with the classic ponytail.

Then she took ten more minutes on just admiring herself in the mirror before getting up from the desk. Daphne left her room and opened up a supply closet nearby. "Alright! Time to get this place clean!" She said pretty determined as she pulled out a few cleaning supplies. Of course, she took a brief moment to play some music out loud on a small Bluetooth speaker before she could truly begin her war with dust and trash. Dusting off shelves, sweeping and mopping the floor. Picking up all of the trash that her and her father had lazily left out before. She stood for moment as she looked at an old family picture. Her when she was a baby, her father...and finally her mother. Daphne just straightened up the frame as it was crooked then carried on with cleaning the rest of the house. 

 There was one final room that was in the need to be cleaned. The final boss of all rooms...her father, George's room. He usually just passes out on his bed, not even bothered to clean his room very often. She entered the room and started to organize and clean like there was no tomorrow. Hesitantly picked up dirty clothes, trash, made the bed. It was finally all finished once she gotten done with rearranging George's books about money management and sales. The redhead hummed to the music she could vaguely hear from the speaker that was left in the living room. Although, the humming ceased when she ended tripping over something, and she ended up face planting into the wooden floor. 

She winced in pain as she was holding her face in her hands and leaning her back against the bed. After she checked to make sure she wasn't bleeding out of her nose or anything, she looked over to see if there really was something that she tripped over. Daphne almost didn't see anything, until her eyes locked onto a floorboard that was loose JUST enough for her to trip over. She curiously crawled over to have a better look at it. The floorboard was a lot looser than she thought as she went to lift it up. "Jeepers, what is this?" She asks herself as she looked down at a book that was hidden underneath. As she picked it up, she found that the cover was made out of dark purple leather. In the front, there was a strange symbol that was sewn onto it with golden thread. An eye with a star on its pupil and crying out crystals. 

When she opened the book, all of the words were pretty much scrambled. There were even strange symbols in between some of the words that didn't help with making any sense of it. Despite not knowing its existence until now or understanding anything within it. She had a feeling that it was rather important to her, like she had a connection with it somehow. The redhead was confused beyond belief, but she had an idea that it wouldn't be for too long. Her friend, Velma is pretty book smart so maybe she would be able to get her to take a look at it. If she could have Velma take her eyes off of the computer screen for a couple of seconds. Daphne also had a feeling that her other friends would take interest in this as well. After all, they had formed the conspiracy club in school for a reason...besides being the schools glorified lost and found that people usually forget exists.

 Daphne quickly placed the floorboard back to where it once was, making sure to push it all the way, so she won't topple over and die the next time she goes into this room. Finally getting off of the floor and ran off to her room to put the book into her backpack. She will just show them all the book once they all meet up in the lost and found room. The rest of the day was spent on her deciding on what she will wear tomorrow until then...even though she wears just about the same thing every day.