Dim

Chapter 1

"Please tell us your story and why you're here, Mr....," The balding man goes to check his clipboard, adjusting his glassess. "Flaint." He looks at up at me. I nod and stand up, as I've seen others before me do. I shuffle to the podium and stand behind it, staring at the other people in the group, like a God to Ants. I take a deep breath and start my Round of this stupid cycle. "Hi, My name is Silas Flaint. And I am A Drug Addict." "Hi Silas." The group droned back. If you havent figured it out yet, Im In Rehab, unfortunatly not the one with Lindsey Lohan either. When you look at me you would never guess that I would end up here. Im 5'11, very well built, and an all State wide reciever. My skin is of a carmel complextion. I have short dark brown hair and natural hazel eyes. I even had a fine ass girl, and when I got bored with her, I had hella hoes too. My life pretty much was the shit till I started messin with those damned drugs. The man with the glassess looks at me, "Begin your story please." I look at him and take another deep breath. "Ugggghh." I begin. Really it all began a few months ago at my schools homecoming game. "READY!!!!! SET!!!!! HUT!!! HUT!!!!" The Quarterback, Ryan 'Rye' Tillz, screamed drawing back looking for a reciever. I Shot foward to run my route. I dusted my defender and the safety before the ball even got half way in the air. That was the problem between me and most QBs they always said I run to fast for the ball to get to me. I say they have weak arms. Not Rye though, his distance and my speed are a beautiful couple. I put my hands out in front of me as i hear the buzzer sound, signalling game over. "Pmfh" the ball makes a small sound as it his my hands. I tuck it away and step in for a touchdown, our team's stands go crazy. "SI!!! RYE!!! SI!!! RYE!!!" They chant. I turn with my hands up when a large figure tackles me and brings me down to the grass. The stands get silent as they watch. "Get the fuck off me!" I yelled trying to push him away. I have a reputation as a hot head around the schools. That didnt help my attitude either. "Oops, sorry" A voice mockingly apologizes. He gets off of me but pushes my helmet down as he gets up. I can see his smirk through his face mask. I get up quickly taking off my helmet ready to hit him. I take a step foward when Rye steps in front of me with Coach Xavier and our right guard, Kevin. "Le'em go." Kevin slurred in his southern accent. "He not worth none, specially not worth loosin your season over." I nodded and walked away with them. The Stands exploded again cheering on my descision. I gave them a large smile and wave. We still won the game. While walking to the sidelines I was suddenly bombarded by my team. They were laughing and cheering, some were even crying. "Party after homecomin," Rye beat his chest "My crib." I grinned and beat my chest back and gave him our two fingered salute. Those gestures are well known within our group of friends. "RYE!!!! SI!!! RYE!!!! SI!!!!" The crowd resumed their cheer as they swarmed down from the stands. The police tried to stop the oncoming students, but gave up after seeing their excitement. Also they deffinitly wern't going anywhere. The team pushed me and Rye to the middle of the field. I prepared for the crowd to throw me up in the air, I laughed as it happend. I looked over and saw Rye just about as high in the air as I was. Soon as it started it was over. Popularity is always fun. I looked at Rye and he nodded at me. We stripped down on the field and carried our equipment to his truck. A red 2010 Nissan Titan stood proud in the parking lot among the other cars. We threw our stuff in the back, climbed in, and drove off. I rolled down my window and nodded my head as 'Invinsible' started blasting from the radio.