- just small town things!

—'build it up with sticks and stones'

EVI HAD ONLY WALKED DOWN THE STREET for about three minutes when she reached the little ice cream shop

behind the counter a nice looking man send her an hello and smiled at her.

"hey, agnes told me to get one on her" she tried, unsure if it would work.

"sure!" the guy answered "what would you like?"

"strawberry please" evi pointed her finger at the glass, behind which the ice cream was kept.

"sure thing" he handed her the cone and nodded at her "off you go"

evi send him a grateful smile, before she bid her goodbye and continued to walk down the street. like she had guessed before, the place was not really exciting. most people seemed to be at home or somewhere else, there were only a few walking around town.

evi stopped at the little playground, which was right behind her house. she sat down on one of the swings.

"where are all the children?" she wondered, looking around. they had summer holidays, so why weren't they playing outside?

she shrugged her shoulders, she hadn't been around for too long, maybe there was something she was missing. like a place where all the kids met to play.

overall the town seemed friendly. evi wasn't an expert on little small towns, but it seemed to fit right in that category.

she threw her hair over her shoulder as she finished her ice cream and stood up from the swing.

as evi turned around and walked away from the playground, her eyes faced a window across the street. through the curtains she could see a boy, maybe about twelve years old, laying in his bed loudly crying.

she turned her head and saw a similar scene happening in another children's room. this time it was a girl, maybe six years old, widely opening her mouth. the longer evi looked at them, the louder she could hear their crying.

the sound grew louder in her head, until she finally snapped, raising her hand and pulling both curtains shut with her powers, just so that the screaming would finally stop. then she took off, running down the street.

"me? no, i'm as round as they come" vision smiled to the accompanying men around him

evi threw open the library doors and all eyes turned to her. vision, noticing her panicked gaze, stood up from his seat. "evi?" he asked confused "gentlemen, this is evi, my sister-in-law"

evi gripped at visions forearm, finding his eyes. vision caught her gaze "are you alright? what happened?" he guided her to his now empty chair. "would you like to have something to drink?" visions gaze grew concerned, when evi's face darkened even more, and she couldn't even answer his question.