Her Last Message

By: Wilmae A. Tingson

"Mom, here's my gift for you, happy birthday", greeted by Ellise as she hugged her so tight. "Thank you baby, you really surprised me", her mother said.

This is Ellise a 10 - year old girl and the youngest in the family. Everybody loves her and no dull moment every time she's around inside the house. She's considered the limelight especially to her grandparents. But it could never happen anymore because Ellise has bid goodbye.

"Where is she, I need to see her", uttered by her mother as tears kept flowing from her yeas.

"But I'm sorry Madame she needs to be operated as soon as possible, she's now at the operating room", said by the attending physician.

It was late afternoon when Ellise was playing in the garden. She asked permission from her mom if she could go with her friends before she went outside. She was then permitted and reminded to be careful.

However, when she was holding the ball given to her by a friend she couldn't catch it instead it was thrown into a swamp. She tried to get it for her friends but the place was so muddy and garbages are scattered everywhere. She slid and bumped her head on a big rock that made her unconscious. The place was too slippery, so her body slid and drown on a dirty swamp. Her friends were shouting help and burst into tears to what had happened. They couldn't believe their eyes to what they saw.

"How's my daughter?", asked by her mother nervously.

"I'm so sorry Madame, we've already done our best to save her life but we lost, the doctor said in dismay."It's internal haemorrhage and the veins on her brain was really damaged. And her body was too weak enough for an operation. I'm really sorry and I have to go"

Ellise was already gone. Everybody missed her smile and laughter. She left wonderful memories that could never be forgotten by her family and those who loved her.

"Madame, here's the letter of Ellise for you before she died, said by a servant"

Dear Mom,

I went to my friend's house yesterday near the dumping site. I knew that you don't like what I did but I'm sorry. I was invited again by my friend on her birthday and I'm not sure if I could come. I had wrapped my gift for her. It's on my cabinet. Is it okay if you could give that gift instead of me? I might go somewhere.

Thanks mom, I love you so much.

Love lots,

Ellise

Her mom burst into tears after she read the card. And she uttered the words, "Goodbye my dear, I will miss you so much".