1.

Well, this is a short story, and it's pretty short. Thank you for reading guys!

...

A hot sunny day, I was walking through the almost deserted streets of the city. Today being a holiday, most of the shops were closed down, and everyone were sitting inside their homes under the cool of their fans and coolers.

I didn't know why I came here in the first place, was feeling bored alone in my apartment thought I'd come out for a stroll.

It was late in the afternoon and the sun was burning high in the sky. I went to sit under the shade of a huge tree, and that's when I saw him. Crouched at the wall of a nearby building, clutching his stomach. I could see that he was in pain. I went near to him to help him up, he had a vacant expression on his face, his clothes were torn at places and he had injuries that were still bleeding.

I asked his name, and all he replied was, "help, they are after me!" I told him, "Come with me, I'll get you to a hospital, you'll be safe." But he started struggling saying," No hospital! No!" I tried to check how bad his injuries were, but right at that moment, a few shadows appeared near the tree.

The injured man started screaming and ran the opposite direction. I turned to see who cast the shadows, but there was no one there and the shadows too had vanished.