~𝑯𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅~

The whole village was decorated with flowers all over and with some beautiful lights. It seemed as if some grand festival was going on. And indeed, it was a festival only as the only son of the Sarpanch was returning back from USA after establishing his whole empire of companies there.

In a very huge and lavish haveli, a woman in her late 50s was wandering from here to there with her forehead scrunched up, in the living room. While her husband who was also in his late 50s, was peacefully sitting on the couch reading the newspaper and was glancing at her in intervals with a fed-up face. The man was the Sarpanch of the village, Raghuveer and the woman was his wife, Supriya. 

Raghuveer - Kya hua Supriya? Kyu itni pareshaan ho? Aa jaega tumhara beta!

Supriya (tensed) - Main Karan ke liye pareshan nahi hoon. Monami pichhle 2 ghanto se bade bazaar mein gayi hui hai. Pata nahi abhi tak aayi kyu nahi!

Listening to her, Raghuveer stood up hurriedly and was about to dial someone's number when a girl in her early 20s came running in the living room with many boxes in her hand. Upon seeing her, SuVeer sighed in relief and smiled looking at her.

She had beautiful hazel brown eyes filled with utter innocence and excitement, her chubby pink cheeks and cute little nose were making her look more adorable, while her hair were being swayed in the air. She had a very petite yet nourished frame. She was wearing a simple light green suit with a locket of Durga mata in her neck making her look divine.

Monami - Sorry uncle, sorry aunty! Vo.. vo aaj Karan..ji aa rahe hain na to main zara unki pasand ki mithai lene ruk gayi thi.

Raghuveer and Supriya smiled at Monami's care and Raghuveer patted her head with love.

Monami - Aunty, koi kaam hai kya?

Supriya (quite angrily) - Tu kaam karne ke liye hai kya!? Subah se sabko instructions de rahi hai. (Imitating Monami) 'Ye Karo, vo Karo!' Ab tu jakar change karle aur thodi der so ja. Abhi Karan ke aane mein time hai.

Raghuveer - Haan beta, jao thoda rest karlo.

Monami - Ji uncle ji!

Monami kept the sweets in the kitchen and as per Supriya's words, she went in her room.

Raghuveer - Supriya, main zara tahseel mein hokar aata hoon. Maine sabko bata diya hai ki Karan aaj apni padhai puri karke ek successful business man bankar vapis aa raha hai. To main soch raha tha ki aaj Karan ke haath se zaroorat mand logo mein mithai aur kambal batwa du. Kya kehti ho?

Supriya - Ji ye bahot achha idea hai. Sabhi gao walo ko bhi achha lagega aur logo ki madad bhi ho jaegi.

Raghuveer nodded and went, while Supriya smiled looking at Karan's childhood picture which was hung on the well.

In Monami's room, she just came out of the bathroom after having a warm shower and was drying her hair.

Monami (to herself) - Aunty ji humesha Karan ji ki itni tareef karti hain. US se padhai karkar aa rahe hain, na jane asal zindagi mein kaise honge? Maine to aaj tak unki photo bhi nahi dekhi, ghar par bhi sirf unke bachpan ki hi hain. Khair mujhe kya? Kaunse mujhe unke saath ghar basana hai!?

Monami chuckled on her own thought and sat on her bed with a pile of books.

Monami (to herself) - Subah se maine koi padhai nahi kari hai. (Looking at the clock) Abhi Karan ji ke aane mein time hai, thodi der padh hi leti hoon vaise bhi agle mahine mere exams hain. Aur main uncle ji aur aunty ji ko batana bhool hi gayi!

Monami started studying for her exams and she didn't realise when sleep took over her and she slept in sitting position only.

It was already 6pm and this was the time when Karan's flight was about to land. Raghuveer also returned from tahseel and was very desperate to meet his son.