Under love's heavy burden do I sink.

Vernon was a painter. A perfect one at that. He worked day and night to make the paintings he hoped to sell. Until his neighbour came down to the house he called "his hell".

"Hyung! Hyung! A new person moved into the town!" The man yelled and hollered

"I understand no need to yell! I'll go down and greet them myself!"

And with that, down to the town Vernon went, to meet the new person, everyone had already met.

"There he is!" another neighbour yelled.

Vernon shushed him as he walked closer. Everyone in town watched with little composure.

"Hello, sir, what is your name?" Vernon asked with a polite bow.

"My name is Boo Seungkwan, what's yours?" The other replied.

"Hansol Vernon, you can just call me Vernon if you'd like."

"Vernon it is! May I ask your age?"

"I'm 24. May I ask yours?"

"Oh! I'm your hyung. I recently turned 25".

The two shook hands and bowed to each other.

"I can show you around," Vernon suggested to the other.

"I would love that! As long as you're not busy" Seungkwan said with a smile.

A smile that made everyone in town coo, including Vernon. Seungkwan looked around, confused at the sound.

"Everyone loves your smile" Vernon informed Seungkwan "Your smile will be the sunshine of this town."

Seungkwan could feel his cheeks turning red as a beet, quickly making him want to flee.

"Now let's go and introduce you around! I'm sure my friends would love to see it".

Seungkwan agreed as they walked through town together, everyone's eyes were attached to the two as Seungkwan forgot about his dad. As they walked they made conversation which oddly felt like home without confrontation. Soon enough after all the touring, they made it to a house. A house that 12 men were in, would be seen as dirty and maybe a sin. As Vernon knocked on the door it quickly swung open and standing there was a short man with a broom in his hand and a nasty look on his face.

"Vernon who's this, we have no more space!" The man scolded.

"Jihoon, calm down, he's new in the town." Vernon bowed down before pushing by and calling out for the rest of the crowd. Man by man they all came down since they were yelled at by name until they were all dumbfound.

"Seungcheol, and Jeonghan, Joshua too! Junhui, Soonyoung, Wonwoo, come on! Seokmin, Mingyu, Minghao, Chan! Come meet the new guy and we'll be friends!"

Each man, name by name, came down to the living room to meet their soon-to-be friend.

"Whose this guy," The tallest one asked.

"His name is Boo Seungkwan," He said as if he was talking to a class.

"Now this one is Seungcheol, now Jeonghan, and Joshua, don't forget Junhui, then Soonyoung, the smallest' boyfriend. Now there is Wonwoo and Seokmin, Mingyu and Minghao, that one is Chan and the meanest is Jihoon, who is over there now" Vernon showed with little points, each man's name corresponding on point. "Now try to name them all back to me!" Vernon suggested and Jihoon's ears peaked.

"Don't force him to do that! That basic abuse. There are too many of us." Jihoon continued to scold.

"No! Thanks, but it's ok! I don't mind at all!" Seungkwan promised the smaller boy with his signature smile before starting to name them off with a point.

"There's Seungcheol and Jeonghan, there's Joshua, there's more. Now Junhui, Soonyoung and Wonwoo, Seokmin, and Mingyu. There's Minghao and Chan to add with Jihoon!" Seungkwan said, making it into a song.

"Perfect you did it! Now let us tell our ages!" Vernon replied.

All of their ages were told aloud as a huff came from Chan, the youngest around.

Seungkwan did a bow, greeting them all "I only have two dongsaengs, I don't have to worry at all. Thank you for taking me into your group, maybe I could repay you with some warm spicy soup."

All the men cheered as Seungkwan smiled, he went to the kitchen as the 12 men started playing, reminding Seungkwan of when he was a child.

As Seungkwan finished up the soup, he suddenly remembered his father. He had to be home, very soon, or else his father would scold him for his habit of staying out till noon. Seungkwan was quick to finish the food as he served it in 12 bowls with a spoon. He said bye to them all as he heard a groan.

"Where are you going? Aren't you going to eat?" Minghao asks with a frown.

"I'm very, truly sorry but my father is waiting at home, I don't want to get him mad on the first night in our new home." Seungkwan bowed and everyone bid their goodbyes before Vernon yelled out for the man.

"Can I have your number so I can contact you again?" Vernon asked, causing Seungkwan to grab a pen from his pocket. He wrote down the number on the hand of the man before dashing out the door at 12 past 10.

A long sigh came from Vernon's lips.

"Do you like him?" Asked Junhui with his hands on his hips.

"What do you mean! I barely know him! I just think he's funny and his waist is slim. His smile is brighter than the sun on the hottest day and his style is impeccable and beautiful" Vernon went on and on.

"I'm gonna stop you there," Blurted out Seokmin. "You like him! Don't hide it anymore! We can see it on your face even though you're facing the door".

Vernon rubbed the back of his neck as the other men cheered for their hippy-type friend. Maybe this will be it, they'll get married someday.

That's when Vernon remembered his Mother. She would never approve of a man and a man. Out came another sigh from Vernon's lips.

"I'll be in my room. Holler if you need me" With that, Vernon climbed the stairs, to sit in his room, which was shared.

That night, all Vernon thought of, was this beautiful man that he caught. Wishing to see him tomorrow too.

Hello Everyone! This is my new story I hope you enjoy it! There are sometimes rhymes when I can incorporate them!